Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Where to get replacement stock rear gears or full 3rd member?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dmitry 
#1 ·
I blew my rear end.. driving down the street... no idea how but i am not going to re-gear. and i am for sure not paying 800 bucks toyota want to charge for a rear end. Where can i find an aftermarket third member or gears with the stock gearing?

#2 ·
I got my gears from JT's. They carry Toyota and other manufacturers gears. Running 34's like I see in your sig, it would be a good idea to consider changing ratios but if you don't want the expense of doing the front, call them anyway.

They have treated me well and were very informative while meeting my needs...

#5 ·
I have a set of front and rears that I replaced w/ARBs. I did not have the e-locker, I don't know if these would work for you or not. They only have 3000 mi onthem.

#7 ·
Thank you for the links and comments guys. This has been a pretty ****ty month. First my Torque converter starts to go out. Then my idler pulleys go bad. And now i blow my rear end. None of these were within months of me going offroading. I haven't been offroading in about 4 months. So now my tranny is out of the truck on the floor of a buddies garage :) wish i had the money to replace things with nicer/beefier items but i dont.

I am not sure if our gears will work together with you not having the rear locker on yours. Thank you for offering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.