Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Trail Data Excel Sheet

15K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  zzmikey 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there friends, it's been a little while since I have been on here. Work has been crazy busy. But I have a Christmas gift for you all. You know how we all use TrailDamage.com all the time, well, I have always wished I could sort and order the trails beyond what the site allows. So I dropped the data from the site into Excel so I could and figured you all might find it useful as well. (this has provided me a useful diversion from work in the evenings). Here is a screen shot of what's in the file.

Click for Trail File

I miss hangin with you folks and hope to get back in touch with you all come spring time when work will ease up a bit...

-Taft

See less See more
#4 ·
Very Nice Taft and welcome back buddy :cheers:

Mike

#8 ·
Very Nice Taft and welcome back buddy :cheers:
Mike
Thanks man...

That's awesome Taft! I'll cross reference it with the Google Earth layer I've been working on, so far it has nearly 300 trails (broken down by county). It's 95% done, I'm hoping to release it within the next week.
Great work!
300! NICE! where did you find that many trails?

#7 ·
That sounds great too Shane :cheers:

Mike

#9 ·
I actually just finished the .kmz, I'm at 276 trails. I used 4x4trails.net, Traildamage, Dirtopia.com, Wildernet, and several other smaller sites. I don't have nearly as much detail as your spreadsheet, but I'm hoping to use what I've compiled to have a good idea of what trails I'd like to run, and to share.

I'll post up a little more once I get this data online.

#11 ·
great resource, thx :)

#17 ·
Thanks for all the work you put into this. Been lurking around the forum for past few months. Just started posting tonight. I'm in Divide and am looking forward to spring when runs and get-together-s seem to be more active. Got a few runs in with friends late in the year 2007. Looking forward to meeting more of the Colorado FJ crowd.

Thanks again, Denver

#18 ·
Great Work! Thank you!

#24 ·
Still gettin a runtime error

#28 ·
Thanks...I just downloaded it and was poking around in it while waiting for a pork loin to finish smoking...but any trail name hyper link I click on goes to the wrong trail. I'm wondering if the website is changing the page addresses as it adds new pages.

But it still a nice way to hunt out a trail .... Thanks :cheers:

#29 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm crazy but the link in the OP is gone or am I blind. Does anyone else have this file hosted somewhere like googlesheets? If not I'll spend sometime in a hotel or on an airplane rebuilding this since it would be really nice to have.

#31 ·
If you just want a place to host it, you can give me a copy and I'll put it here...
Index of /trails

The link to the file would be that path, plus whatever you wan the file named.

Icould put the new one there whenever you update it, or I could create a separate directory that you'd have modify access to if you'd want.

If the one that A-FJ is working on is good enough though, then fine. :bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.