Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Foot Rest?

13K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  FJTTSE 
#1 ·
Anyone have a part number for the foot rest to the left of the brake pedal? I broke mine and the closest stealership wants $60 for that piece of plastic, I told em my foot was just fine but I would like to find a replacement.

#2 ·
what if you just made your own. just bend a sheet of metal around it. does it bolt in to something? if so maybe that would work.pardon my lack of smarts......mine is still in tact

#3 ·
Mine broke a year or two back.

One of the posts that snap onto the fastener split, so I tied it back together with a small tie wrap and snapped it back in place.

It's still there.

How is yours broken?

-

#7 ·
mine broke same way... it fits over those square nuts and the plastic just cracked....

#9 ·
The foot rest snaps down onto plastic pegs that are mounted on screws. The screws mount from the bottom through the wheel well and the heads of the screws appear to be covered by the wheel well sealant so ya cant take em out...cant even find em. The clips on the back of my foot rest came apart and it doesnt appear that they will be going back together. Pulling one from a junk yard doesnt seem to be a possiblity because it looks like you have to break it to get it off. May have to bite the bullet on this on at some point.

#11 ·
THe Dead Pedal comes out if you pull it loose. The "Screws" are actually an odd sized threaded stud that is welded in at the factory. My Dead Pedal broke completely off a while back. I have made a new dead pedal out of aluminum. The only bad thing is that the threading on the studs only work with the square plastic nuts that the original snaps into. I will post pics of what I have built in a bit. I will try to draw up some plans too.

Matt P

#21 ·
To avoid breaking the plastic sleve/feet that holds the white insert during the footrest reinstall is to;

- remove the white inserts from the threaded studs (I think the size M7 x 1.0 pitch - not a commonly use metric bolt)

- look at the sleve/feet, there are two cutouts (on the 2 sides) to match the tabs on the white insert

- push the white inserts untill you hear a click.

You can now safely install the footrest since it easier to align the holes on the white inserts in to the studs and the sleves/feet are more stable.

#23 ·
Pics of Grease Monkey's CNC Machined Dead Pedal. I've ordered mine, but it will not be shipped until Monday.
Pictures are courtesy of Grease Monkey. Note: Pics are for the auto version.

Modified original dead pedal with aluminum fix pedal.

Aluminum dead pedal attached without modified original.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.