Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Dropping a loaf on trail

20K views 111 replies 44 participants last post by  snafu58 
#1 ·
So my fiance is terrified that she is going to have to answer natures call on the trail. Could any of you help me put her mind at ease? Perhaps if there are bathrooms around the trails (unlikely, i know) or what the trail leaders do for bathroom breaks when it comes to the femaliens? We are coming from sea level and I am going to be pounding water down her throat (trying at least) to help with altitude sickness, so i know her fears are justified.

#2 ·
I just want to say that I love the title of this thread. That's all I have to offer. :jester:

#4 ·
there are pit toilets on some of the trails.

bring your own TP.

lots of places behind trees to drop drawers to pee. pinching a loaf is another matter.

there is a sponsor called restop. They hand out free toilet kits at the summit and you can buy their bucket system as well. or buy now and have on hand ...

#6 ·
Alpine Loop has a few restroom stops as well as a lunch stop in Lake City.

Black Bear and Imogene both stop in Telluride for lunch.

Caliifornia/Corkscrew stops in Animas Forks

Poughkeepsie has no potties a I recall.

#8 ·
One note which I don't think has really been brought up in the past:

The use of vehicle video cameras and (to a lesser extent) aerial drones are very prolific these days and they can easily invade your privacy. Just because you don't see anyone doesn't mean you aren't being seen.

Be aware of your surroundings, ask someone to keep an eye out, and do your thing. Also, be aware that there are bear in the area so don't go marching out a hundred yards. We have to keep the longer runs moving at a good pace and waiting ten minutes for someone on a hike will not gain you many fans.

#9 ·
What are the rules around shooting down aerial drones that spy on you dropping a deuce?

#13 ·
Thinking I won't point this thread out to the wife. Might scare her off from going on any of the runs. :p

#88 ·
RUNS, I see what you did there. That was funny.

#14 ·
This has to be one of the funniest threads yet since joining the group. We've gone from squatting and dropping to flying drones..... How about a 5 gallon bucket with a snap on toilet lid? A trash bag inside and your off and pooping!! The real danger is the wildlife and if their watching...... heh! :surprise
By the way, if my 5 star lady can manage then I'm pretty sure anyone else can!!

Reactions: Old Sarge
#15 · (Edited)

Attachments

#18 ·
You could use this and have someone back up to the edge of the cliff on Black Bear. Poop would drop off the side and be gone forever.

Reactions: BlindWilly
#28 ·
Don't you mean GOPOOP video?

#22 ·
Hey Guys,

Just got a Million Dollar Idea...

The Mobi-Potti

"For that Anxious Go-er on the Go"

Basically we get a Deuce and a Half (lol deuce) and mount 4-6 Port-o-Pottys to it. We divide them into His and Hers. "His" will have some basic reading material, Maybe a 300-400lb winch should you find yourself unwilling to lift yourself off the comfort and security that is Mobi-Potti . "Hers" will have all the nice amenities of home, like those "decorative" hand towels that have that nice "MY MOTHER BOUGHT THOSE, WHY WOULD YOU USE THOSE TO CLEAN UP THE DOG PISS?!?" allure.

Also, key marketing here...Im thinking we paint the truck Voodoo Blue to match the Port-o-Pottys. Some notes of caution:

1. Do not use Mobi-Potti while Mobi-Potti is Mobile
2. Use Mobi-Potti while on an incline at your own risk
3. The CBs installed in your personal Mobi-Potti are for emergency use only, unless its something really ****ing funny.

Please write all investment checks out to "CASH"

#24 ·
Unless there is history, it is not guaranteed she will experience altitude sickness or bad upsetting symptoms.
Take a small port a potty or yes 5 gallon bucket,and for privacy use a tarp or a quick setup up pup tent ..er Poop tent.
For what it's worth I know another wife that supports her and won't do the natural in the natural.

#35 ·
I'm sure in a group of our size there will be multiple drones in attendance. Luckily, most stops aren't long enough to get one out and accomplish anything. If you catch one spying on you as you are dropping the kids off at the pool then I am quite certain you have the right to remove it from the sky and claim it as your own. I will be very impressed if you can balance and aim while doing the deed at hand. :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.