Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Lost Camera on Gulches (near Silverton)

5K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Woodsman 
#1 ·
I must have left my camera at the riverside waterfall just before you come to Silverton. It has all my "Moab before the Summit" and "Summit 8" photos == I've posted with the Silverton Visitor Center and the Sheriff's department. It's a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS (see picture); if anyone on the Gulches Run later Friday or Saturday came across it, please let me know. I drove back twice to make sure I did not miss it. :nerd

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I ran the Gulches each day and did not see a camera, but with all the traffic there probably someone picked it up. Try calling the BLM office in Silverton. Hope you get it back. Cameras easily replaced, photos not.

#8 ·
Unbelievable! A fellow Texan on a family vacation found my camera, located my address via license plate pictures, and sent my camera home with a kind note. Wow! Truly blessed to have my Moab and Summit pictures on my PC!
Wow! Very, very cool!

#6 ·
Wow that's pretty cool!

Reactions: TxAggie
#14 ·
Sharing a tip & a similar story that further shows there really are some decent people left in the world. While we were night snorkeling on a boy scout trip, a fellow adult leader lost his waterproof camera when it fell to the bottom of a lagoon. It had many, many photos of our group of boys' week of adventure. Despite the fact that he always takes a photograph of a piece of paper with his contact info as the first pic on a new memory card, he didn't have much hope for getting this camera back. It turns out that a scuba diver ended up finding the camera, and his contact info, and returned it to him!

I'm so glad that whoever found your camera decided to take the extra effort to use the license plate # to track you down!

#15 ·
Now that is the way it is supposed to end!!:angel Very Cool!!
Jax':wave:

#19 ·
Great news.

#20 ·
I love stories like this. Restores my faith in people.

#22 ·
Just a short 5 sec video of their garage; the camera has a quick video button that was accidentally pressed then stopped. I sent the family a card with an appreciation gift.

Thank you ALL for the comments; I'll make some time this weekend to post some photos.

#26 ·
Someone Lost Camera, I lost Thread!

I remember reading a thread on here about someone misplacing a camera at the summit. I cannot seem to find the thread for the life of me, but i came across a comment on the TCT website under the 2014 summit guide section that stated someone had found one. maybe someone will see this and find their lost camera. at this point i would think its more about the pictures than the camera, but anyways heres the page;

FJ Cruiser News, Mods, Tech & Other Information | TCT Magazine - Toyota Cruisers & Trucks Magazine | Land Cruiser, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, Toyota Trucks

#27 ·
Re: Someone Lost Camera, I lost Thread!

I remember reading a thread on here about someone misplacing a camera at the summit. I cannot seem to find the thread for the life of me, but i came across a comment on the TCT website under the 2014 summit guide section that stated someone had found one. maybe someone will see this and find their lost camera. at this point i would think its more about the pictures than the camera, but anyways heres the page;

FJ Cruiser News, Mods, Tech & Other Information | TCT Magazine - Toyota Cruisers & Trucks Magazine | Land Cruiser, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, Toyota Trucks
Wow i am SLOW not even did you find it, i lost your thread started a new one and someone had already seen the comment i found im just gunna leave and hope nobody reads this :p

#29 ·
That is so unbelievably awesome ! :clap:

Reactions: TxAggie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.