Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2015 FJ Summit #9 Date Announcement

39K views 207 replies 78 participants last post by  parapyropig 
#1 ·
The 2015 FJ Summit (number 9 if you are counting) will be held Wednesday, July 15th through Sunday, July 19th in Ouray, Colorado. :clap:

Wed - registration day
Thur, Fri, Sat - trail days
Sun - group photo

Let the vacation requests and hotel reservations commence. :rocker:

We're looking forward to seeing ya bunch of cruiserheads there again. :wave:

Watch for registration to open sometime in March. FJSummit 2015 National Meet :alfdance:

Just a reminder, for those interested in attending, it would be wise to take last years nine hour sell-out record as some indication that you need to be on-the-ball.
We would not be surprised if it closes even earlier this time around so be ready to register when the time comes or have someone do it for you. Many got in on the wait-list last year but there are no guarantees.

See less See more
#187 ·
Man, I really wanted to do this this year! Heading to Portland and staying in a beach house this summer for a week. So that's not a bad consolation prize. My brother and I are both planning to go next year though. Saving my pennies already! ;)

#189 ·
There is a link on the home page to contact the summit people. Email them I am sure they can get it corrected

#190 ·
Cross Post from another thread as well, but have they started contacting people from the waiting list? No idea where I am on the list, but I'd gladly hand over my registration money... Regardless, hope everyone has a good time!

#191 ·
Re: 2015 FJ Summit #9 ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL!

So, I have been off the net for a while, trying to gain a hold on real life and such. I just thought to check in with my FJ buddies and I find Summit registration has come and gone. I was asleep at the wheel.

I am on a waiting list, but I am sure to be at the bottom of that list.

In October, I reserved a room at the Ouray Challet Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ouray Chalet Inn. This letter is to confirm your reservation arriving on Thursday, July 16, 2015 and checking out on Sunday, July 19, 2015 for a total of 3 night(s).

You have reserved 1 non smoking, no pet room(s) with one queen bed. The average nightly rate is $99.99 per night, plus taxes. The total amount of your stay, including tax, will be $332.67. Your reservation will be held (but not charged) to your credit card until the day of arrival.

Anyone want my reservation?
You figure out how to get it transfered and it is yours. Otherwise I just cancel and it goes to the next cruiser that shows up.

NEXT YEAR, I will be ready for the onslaught.

#193 ·
Re: 2015 FJ Summit #9 ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL!

So, I have been off the net for a while, trying to gain a hold on real life and such. I just thought to check in with my FJ buddies and I find Summit registration has come and gone. I was asleep at the wheel.

I am on a waiting list, but I am sure to be at the bottom of that list.

In October, I reserved a room at the Ouray Challet Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ouray Chalet Inn. This letter is to confirm your reservation arriving on Thursday, July 16, 2015 and checking out on Sunday, July 19, 2015 for a total of 3 night(s).

You have reserved 1 non smoking, no pet room(s) with one queen bed. The average nightly rate is $99.99 per night, plus taxes. The total amount of your stay, including tax, will be $332.67. Your reservation will be held (but not charged) to your credit card until the day of arrival.

Anyone want my reservation?
You figure out how to get it transfered and it is yours. Otherwise I just cancel and it goes to the next cruiser that shows up.

NEXT YEAR, I will be ready for the onslaught.

If it can be transferred I'd be interested in room.
Thanks.

#192 ·
I asked the same question this week. They said they'll be sending out the first round of invites to the waiting list soon. They'll post on Facebook page when they send out the invites. You should get email as well. Last year some of the invites to the waiting list went out in June after all the sponsors and their spots were finalized.

#195 ·
Went to Colorado for Memorial weekend and checked out part of the alpine loop, it was still snowing there pretty good so I only took the Avalon about 10 or so miles up the trails. LOL

IMG_8787 by Colin F, on Flickr

IMG_8754 by Colin F, on Flickr

IMG_8760 by Colin F, on Flickr

IMG_8782 by Colin F, on Flickr

#196 ·
Has a schedule been posted?

Reactions: shannon67
#197 ·
Harry, I'm wondering the same thing. And when will the "On My Way to Ouray!" stickers arrive? Let me know if I'm just too damn anxious here! Lol!

Reactions: eab0162
#200 · (Edited)
Packing up the FJ tonight....heading out on the epic journey tomorrow morning...so so so pumped... see y'all soon... Chicago for the 4th of July fireworks...South Dakota Badlands...Devil's Monument, Mt. Rushmore/Custer Park/Needles Highway, Montana and the Beartooth Highway, Petrified Forests, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Flaming Gorge, into the back door of Moab for three days and then on to Ouray...then Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Denver... trip of a lifetime and over a year and a half of planning and anticipation... :)

And hey I didn't get my legendary "On my way to Ouray" sticker...what am I supposed to tell the Border Agents???

#202 ·
I'll be up there on the 7th to run Imogene/Ophir with friends I haven't seen since '81 and '86! The last time I checked Imogene should open today. My will and dental records are up to date. I've alerted my lawyer and bail bondsman. We were he11 on wheels back in high school (Battle Ground WA). A Chevelle, a Mach 1 and a Cougar back then. Now it is a FJ, a dually and a Caddy.

#207 ·
Hello Woodsman,
My name is Bullet and I would like to join you at Moab before the FJ Summit 2015. Let me know if it is not too late to join up for the caravan ride next week?
Bullet, 2011 4-Runner Trail Edition, Gobi Roof Rack and rock sliders and CB radio. Thats all for now. Looking for advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.