Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Summit X - Photo and Video Thread

26K views 126 replies 50 participants last post by  shtbus 
#1 ·
Post up those photos and videos! It doesn't matter if they were shot with a professional camera or a potato, lets see them all :rocker:

I'll post up more stuff as I get to it. This is just a quick time-lapse of Black Bear Pass we threw together last night.

#8 ·
Black Bear 8:30 Run. BB is definitely rougher than ever. The area above the steps is really chewed up.
Mountainous landforms Mountain Mountain range Wilderness Highland
Mountainous landforms Mountain Geological phenomenon Wilderness Sky
Off-roading Vehicle Regularity rally Car Geological phenomenon
Mountainous landforms Geological phenomenon Mountain Highland Cirque

#12 ·
This was one of those OMG, what an idiot, moments at Summit X. While on 22 July Alpine Loop (specifically on Cinnamon Pass switchbacks), we came across flashing lights!

Yes, that's a Mini Cooper being recovered by a Lake City towing company. I'm calling in the morning to get the $$$ of that recovery. Taking best guesses now! I heard the Alpine Loop group ahead of us had to wait while the Cooper was extracted from the rocks on the downward switchback - did I mention "idiot".[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I took tons of pictures at Summit, but these are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!
(Sorry for the huge post!)

Climbing Cinnamon Pass in a heavy downpour:

Airing-down before Black Bear:

Black Bear staircase:

Black Bear waterfall:

Waiting for a rock slide in the rain on Ophir:

Water crossing at the end of Ophir:

Flexing on Mineral Creek:

Climbing up to Engineer Pass from Mineral Creek:

On top of Engineer:

Climbing California Gulch:

Looking down at Poughkeepsie from California Pass:

Water crossing at the start of Imogene:

Heading up Imogene:

Another on Imogene:

At the pass on Imogene:

My FJ at the top of Imogene:

#24 ·
We saw that Mini parked up there on Thursday. I had so many questions! Now most of them are answered.

HOWEVER: what was a woman's bathing suit doing hanging off the antenna?

Attachments

#25 ·
Collection of pictures taken from 7:20am Black Bear run led by All-Pro and a few pictures from Poughkeepsie Wall climb.

Attachments

#30 ·
Not nearly as good as my photo last year due to the cloud cover, but it's still decent.

Mountainous landforms Highland Off-roading Mountain Vehicle

#41 ·

Attachments

#35 · (Edited)
I attached a video from a cheap camera mounted on the front bumper going up the Wall, the same time as the picture attached before. Changing the battery reset the date to 1/1/2016 on the camera. The date was 7/23/2016. The time was right.

I'm having trouble embedding the video, so it will launch a separate Youtube page. Sorry about that.

http://youtu.be/MY_MOe_v9MA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.