Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Magnetic Trail Leader Signs Stolen?

5K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Woodsman 
#1 ·
Last year mine was stolen during the raffle. Last night I saw the Voodoo Blue FJ parked next to me have his go missing. Wondering how many others lost theirs to thieves. This year I put mine inside my rig each time I stopped in town.

I also saw the Gulches start sign was missing Saturday morning.

I would like to think it's some young local kids rather than our wheeling community.

Reactions: FatJohnson
#2 ·
Unreal. I have a hard time believing it would be someone in the FJC community that would do that, but I guess one never knows. Sad that this crap happens at such an event. I have a hard time believing that it could be a forum member though..more than likely a local hit.

Sent from a NiPhone, using auto-correct to eff things up with Tapatalk

#5 ·
Is there ever a point to stealing? Y'all remember when the big event banner was stolen a few years ago? Turned out it was "one of us" and after a lot of pushing the culprit returned it.

#8 ·
I remember reading about stolen signs last year, so I made sure to warn all the trail leaders I saw to put their signs in their vehicle when parking for extended periods. I kept mine locked in in my FJ anytime I wasn't sitting in it, but I also don't trust anyone.

#9 ·
I stashed mine whenever I wasnt in it

#11 ·
The mini cooper leader never finished the trail on his own. Following him could have ended up badly I am afraid. I spent an hour waiting for the moron to get off the top of the mountain. Felt sorry for the wrecker operator that was leading the idiot down the mountain with three flats. But I would imagine the tow company was quite happy about it!

I can definitely see them being stolen by our own. These were by far the most attractive leader badges we have seen. I told Ace Wednesday night put it away instantly, or it would be gone.

I have all the trail leader plagues on my garage wall, I am glad I ended up with a trail this year, as I would have hated not having one of these.

The Summit did a great job on the design this year for sure.

Also there were people there that the overall group would not be proud of.

#13 ·
Collecting is not stealing. ?

Reactions: NW FJC
#16 ·
I wondered about that....

#17 ·
Who wouldn't want to borrow this leader sign, and see how far they would follow you?

That mini guy is obviously a smart-åss, having fun, mocking the event... and he got a healthy dose of karma.
He was actually stopped in a flat part of the trail in that picture. One of our groups passed by and the leader thought it would be funny to get a few pictures with the trail leader badge on the mini. Just having a little fun on the trail, nothing bad was happening :rocker:

#19 · (Edited)
Take a deep breath and read the post right above yours.

#21 ·
I always put mine face-down inside so as not to attract attention. Remove the option for simple grabs. Unfortunately there are those that lack for brains and respect no matter where they live.

#23 ·
The guy in the Mini, actually held many users of the mountain. Hours of time lost due to someone not considering others. He had three flats and wrecker when we say finally after waiting nearly an hour for him to 300 yards. It clearly states at the start of each of these trails for four wheel drive and high ground clearance. He was at the top, or near it when everything came apart for him.

The trail belongs to all of us. I am sure his wrecker bill is going to be well over 2K. I certainly hope he enjoyed his time and realized how much of others he wasted.

There was absolutely nothing funny about it.

#24 ·
It happens every year. Who does it ? Nobody really knows. It's always a good idea to pull it after the trail runs and stash it inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.