FJ Summit 2017 Questions - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2017 FJCruiser Summit For all threads regarding the 10th annual FJCruiser Summit

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question FJ Summit 2017 Questions

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here and have a question about the FJ Summit in Ouray, CO in July.

1. Registration doesn't open until April 1st, correct?

2. How much is registration? Or, what was it last year?

3. What if you can only stay for a couple of days, is that a problem?

4. What if you don't register? Can you show up and tag along on some rides for a day or two? I understand you won't get a bag, meals, etc. I'm just nor sure about my schedule so I'm wondering about registering and making that commitment.

5. Could someone provide a brief summary of what happens? (i.e. you meet in the morning, split up on rides, get together at night, talk to sponsors, etc.) Are there exhibit areas where the sponsors are?

Thanks! I'm really trying to work it out so I can go. Sounds like an excellent time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 08:34 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
Re: FJ Summit 2017 Questions

1. Correct
2. IIRC, it was about $150-175 for the first person of each vehicle. Additional passengers cost less. This covers trail fees, organizational costs, meals, and free stuff.
3. Most likely not a problem, but you'd be missing out!
4. It is highly discouraged to show up unregistered, because we already put a strain on area hotels, trails, etc and the organizers of summit try to fit as many vehicles in as possible while being courteous to the locals.
5. Sign in Wednesday (morning recommended), then chill in Ouray or get a group together and go on a trail, etc. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning you'll meet in your designated spot before the posted time, run the trail (usually with lunch breaks in a town that the trail passes through and many photo stops), then there's the group supper at HQ and usually some programmed event, vendors, etc. Saturday night is the raffle, and Sunday morning is the group picture.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
monflores11 and Iconic_ like this.

NESSIE, 2011 NSSE edition

-DO rally bumper (deer dent special)
-IronMan FCP coilovers
-OME cheap LT rear
-275/70r17 MTR/kevlar tires
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
DubstepPear previously said: View Post
1. Correct
2. IIRC, it was about $150-175 for the first person of each vehicle. Additional passengers cost less. This covers trail fees, organizational costs, meals, and free stuff.
3. Most likely not a problem, but you'd be missing out!
4. It is highly discouraged to show up unregistered, because we already put a strain on area hotels, trails, etc and the organizers of summit try to fit as many vehicles in as possible while being courteous to the locals.
5. Sign in Wednesday (morning recommended), then chill in Ouray or get a group together and go on a trail, etc. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning you'll meet in your designated spot before the posted time, run the trail (usually with lunch breaks in a town that the trail passes through and many photo stops), then there's the group supper at HQ and usually some programmed event, vendors, etc. Saturday night is the raffle, and Sunday morning is the group picture.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
This is pretty much it, there are also some unofficial trail runs on earlier days if you're able to get there a day or two early
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Another noob question: The Summit site isn't really clear about the camping situation. Is it a large rally site where attendees are camping, or is everyone expected to get lodging arrangements elsewhere and meet up at the summit each day?

No guts, no story.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Forum Superstar

Location: Clovis, Quail Lake (So. Cal.) & Yosemite National Park (Nor. Cal.)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Arrange your own lodging is the best. There is a host hotel that acts as the HQ where you meet before the trail runs. Lots of vendor booths there. On the last day, the local fire department washes your FJ in a drive through car wash. Donate generously to them.

View from my front porch, right now:
http://pixelcaster.com/yosemite/webcams/ahwahnee2.jpg
So yeah, the "Yose" is for Yosemite.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Here's a link to the city of Ouray website. Lodging is on your own and places fill up quickly.

http://www.ouraycolorado.com/lodging/hotels-and-motels
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

OK, thanks for the info. Our plan was to camp in the RTT at the Summit, but it doesn't sound like it's that kind of party... I'll look into camping and hopefully it will still work out.

No guts, no story.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Forum Beer Miester

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
e.Rock previously said: View Post
OK, thanks for the info. Our plan was to camp in the RTT at the Summit, but it doesn't sound like it's that kind of party... I'll look into camping and hopefully it will still work out.
Plenty of camping if you get in early enough. Most like the Ouray KOA but I find it's cramped as hell and that sorta defeats the purpose don't it. Right up the road is the Ridgeway camping area, fantastic. You can also find allotted areas I believe in the open where you can camp on government land but you may have to deal with the occasional bear.

Either way just keep your head high, there's ways to camp trust in that bro.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Check out Ridgeway State Park. It's close to Ouray. My family and I chose the tent only campground.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Thorn661 likes this.

Let Valor Not Fail

"We give the enemy the maximum opportunity to give his life for his country", Colonel Steele.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Garage

I`ve heard of several people going there and not registering. I don`t think it strains the hotels...They don`t care where the money is coming from. I think it pisses off the people that registered for the event and then can`t get a room. JMO
Loganbeere likes this.

Steve 07 FJ with almost enough mods

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2017 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.