2017 FJ Summit has reached capacity - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2017 FJCruiser Summit For all threads regarding the 10th annual FJCruiser Summit

4Likes
  • 3 Post By jimmy-buffett
  • 1 Post By SilvFx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
2017 FJ Summit has reached capacity

I tried to register today (4/18), but was waitlisted. This was going to be my first year, but I didn't realize that it would fill so quickly. I have a wonderful reservation in Ouray for a 2 bedroom queen suite with kitchen at the Twin Peaks. I made that reservation a few months ago. I'm not going to cancel it yet. I first wanted to get a sense whether or not the "waitlist" usually clears a few spots.

Any thoughts on waitlist movement, before I offer up my hotel reservation to someone else who is registered?

Kevin | Eagle County, CO

#2 2013 Trails Team Edition | Concrete with Custom Black Top | ARB Front Bumper with Smitty Winch | Rancho Coilovers 2.5" | Rhino Wrap on Plastic Components | BPRM cat back exhaust

#1 2008 Sunburst Yellow | Manual AWD | Super Charger | Other goodies | RIP after accident: FJ vs Elk Herd and guard rail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:35 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: 2017 FJ Summit has reached capacity

You'll probably get in.

Registration was 2 1/2 weeks ago, btw.

What size tires will fit on my FJ?

The owner's manual for your FJ is right here. <--- This is a link. Many answers to your questions are contained within.

See the relationship between highway speed and MPG here.

TLCA 5301
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
This is the first year I got registered without being on the wait list. I gotten in every year I've been on the waitlist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
kevinrfoote previously said: View Post
I tried to register today (4/18), but was waitlisted. This was going to be my first year, but I didn't realize that it would fill so quickly.
The event has filled up within minutes or seconds of opening registration in the last few years, I think this year it filled and started wait-listing people after 8 minutes.

Quote:
I have a wonderful reservation in Ouray for a 2 bedroom queen suite with kitchen at the Twin Peaks. I made that reservation a few months ago. I'm not going to cancel it yet. I first wanted to get a sense whether or not the "waitlist" usually clears a few spots.

Any thoughts on waitlist movement, before I offer up my hotel reservation to someone else who is registered?
Always get on the wait-list, yeah. You might not hear back until June but I wouldn't worry about getting stuck with a room reservation, the hotels usually run their own wait-lists for Summit week and they're happy to take the room back and give it to somebody else.

Good luck! If you don't get in this year, next year you'll want to be sitting on your computer hitting refresh when registration opens that's how the rest of us get in.
FJX2000, Thorn661 and kevinrfoote like this.

Join the Colorado FJ Cruisers Facebook page for Colorado mod days, trail runs and other organized events! Not from Colorado, but planning a trip here? Join up, we'd be happy to suggest some offroading locations for you or even coordinate a run with the locals!

Want to see what FOUR years (updated!) of offroading in Colorado looks like? Click Here

My CB Radio Install+Parts Thread

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

Quote:
I tried to register today (4/18), but was waitlisted. This was going to be my first year, but I didn't realize that it would fill so quickly. I have a wonderful reservation in Ouray for a 2 bedroom queen suite with kitchen at the Twin Peaks. I made that reservation a few months ago. I'm not going to cancel it yet. I first wanted to get a sense whether or not the "waitlist" usually clears a few spots.

One thing to keep in mind is that you live here in Colorado already. You can head down to Ouray anytime you have some free time. Depending on what type of experience you are looking for, going without the crowds can be just as fun or funner.

But, I am old and constantly lamenting about how great this state was before everyone decided to move here....so my best backcountry experiences are usually during the people-free moments.
BOBTAILFJ likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Thanks.
I live close enough, that if I can get a trail buddy, I will run a couple of the beautiful trails on my own a few weeks later. I've done a few, but it would be fun to participate with a club. Cheers from Colorado.

Kevin | Eagle County, CO

#2 2013 Trails Team Edition | Concrete with Custom Black Top | ARB Front Bumper with Smitty Winch | Rancho Coilovers 2.5" | Rhino Wrap on Plastic Components | BPRM cat back exhaust

#1 2008 Sunburst Yellow | Manual AWD | Super Charger | Other goodies | RIP after accident: FJ vs Elk Herd and guard rail
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage

I got online at 10:10 Summit Time and was on waiting list, so it filled up in 10 minutes or less.

DISABLED AMERICAN VETERAN
Air Force Veteran
Army Retired
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
" For the greatest tragedy is being forgotten"
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
1988 Suzuki Samurai
M101A2
Jeep 416

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2017 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.