4x2 Discussion This area is for discussion about the 4x2 equipped FJ Cruisers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
4wd springs on 4x2

Hey , I just got a set of front and rear springs from a 4wd and am going to put them on 2wd. I also got the stock rear shocks off the 4wd. Does anybody who knows about this know if i'm going to have to move any cables or lines ( brake , fuel??) and what do you think about the 4wd rear shocks any reason to take mine off they are in good condition??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Re: 4wd springs on 4x2

I heard of many doing this...I can't recall any mention of any problems. All the cables are the same 2wd or 4wd. If you check the specs between the two their is not much of a height or clearance difference. So I would use your shocks until. they fail.

Fabtech 6"+ OME 3" 20" BBS
Federal 35" M/T,1.25 spacers,Bushwhackers,Toy Outfitters bumper,All Pro Air Dam & sliders PIAA 540
Snorkal, Manik tailight guards,Midland 75-822, Bandi 3' fire stick, K & N filter,Locker on demand, ATrac hack, VSC & DRL switches, TRD Cat back, Scuba Mod, Garmin Nuvi, BlueSeas 6 fuse block,10.5K Recon Winch,Dual battery,leather seats,dual factory DVD players, Diamond trim, Source 10lb, Rubber mats. Swingout bumper,Mad Dog armor, EBC rotors,TRD pads,T-Rex grill
#3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:51 AM

You won't have any issues at all. The 4x4 springs are basically just going to lift your FJ in the front and level it out.

2007 Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser
#4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Forum Veteran

Check a thread by FJdave

2008 4x2 Sandstorm TT Blacked out, Demello sliders, 5100 Bilstein shocks up front, OME/ICON on the rear, Nitto Terra Grapps(265/70/17)...

MyRig
My 4X2
#5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Forum Veteran

you will have no issues at all besides having to loosen a few rusted bolts.

geometry of the 4x2 is the same as the 4x4. toyota put softer springs on the front because the 4x2 is about 300lbs lighter in the front than the 4x4. they also made the rear softer because they figured people with the 4x2 are just going to be mall crawling.

make sure you use the 4x4 springs in the rear too because they arent the same as the 4x2, they are stiffer.

4x2 black diamond, "Shadow"
1992 Ninja ZX7R K2

MEMBER OF THE BENT UPRIGHT CLUB

TRD CAI, KC Daylighters, Kragen HID's, Demello skid, PreRunner bumper, Gibson catback, ICON extended travel coilovers, ICON billet UCA's, ICON rear piggys, Kenwood, Cobra CB. Black out door handles, mirrors, bumpers, bezel and rims. TRD floor mats.

Prerunner bumper build

articulating light system

Silverado Canyon, Cleghorn, Hungry Valley, Barstow, Anza Borrego, Superstition, Mojave, Corral Canyon

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x2 Discussion

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.