Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Baja/Light Tube Bumper Build

35K views 97 replies 21 participants last post by  surfkid 
#1 ·
I know not everyone likes the look of tube bumpers and I know some question their functionality but I like the way they look and Ive wanted one for my FJ for awhile.

so heres the deal, my friend has a shop with many fab tools...among those tools are a tube bender, pipe notcher, mig welder, and chop saw...all the stuff I need to build a tube bumper. Im fairly mechanical and creative but I havent done a ton of metal fab, luckily my friend has. Im designing the bumper and together we are both fabbing it up over the next week or 2 depending on how much OT we have to do at work.

where my FJ stands right now; inner wheel well fenders are chopped, plastic bumper facade and metal subframe are removed...all is ready for fab.

Fabrication will start monday after work and I will take pictures during the whole process to show our progress for anyone who cares. Im not giving away all the details but its gonna be unique and will stand out from the croud (no raw metal finish, no aluminum skid). If all goes well that is:)

pictures to come soon! hoping it will be ready for Anza on the 24th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.