4x2 with a winch - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x2 Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

4x2 Discussion This area is for discussion about the 4x2 equipped FJ Cruisers

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Member Number: 23254
4x2 with a winch

I'm considering a Lucrum winch mount for my 4x2. Is that kind of over the top???? I'm putting 4x4 springs on and probably 5100's to handle the weight and keep it level???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 16494
Re: 4x2 with a winch

i dont see y u cant
it shud work and level out
"Modified"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 17218

Why not? It's nice to have a winch to help recover yourself or somebody else.
The Lucrum will keep the stock appearance and with the winch you won't notice that much weight or sag up front.
Snorkal, Manik tailight guards,Midland 75-822, Bandi 3' fire stick, K & N filter,Locker on demand, ATrac hack, VSC & DRL switches, TRD Cat back, Scuba Mod, Garmin Nuvi, BlueSeas 6 fuse block,10.5K Recon Winch,Dual battery,leather seats,dual factory DVD players, Diamond trim, Source 10lb, Rubber mats. Swingout bumper,Mad Dog armor, EBC rotors,TRD pads,T-Rex grill
Old 12-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kajun Kim

Member Number: 14078
Lifetime Supporting Member

Ya know I think that Wrig has had a winch. I would put one on mine but I need to upgrade my OME setup in the front from light to medium. I already have a bad a$$ front bumper from NCFJ so I can do a receiver mounted winch no problem.

Go for it!!

Pura Vida!!! Costa Rican for"Pure Life" live every minute of it!

The Cherry Garcia!!! '07 BC !! TLCA Member 18935

"Breathe in Breathe out, move on!!! Jimmy Buffet

Island bound, Trust ME!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 10296
Send a message via MSN to jet cat

Dude! Lucrum makes a great bumper, but, it's hardly over the top. over the top is ARB, Warn and All Pro. I believe you dont even need an OME to keep it level including winch, but is good to have.
Please, don't get me wrong, I did consider the Lucrum bumper for some time. the thing is that I didn't like the stock bumper. I'm sure they make a fine product.

I have an Allpro with the winch and a 3" spacer lift. when I installed it, didn't sag at all with stock springs.

VooDoo blue 4X2, Gobi ladder, Nitto Terra Grappler stock wheels, tail light covers, DVD, K&N filter, factory tow hitch, roof light bar w/ 4 130w KC daylighters, spacer lift kit, All-Pro front winch bumper w/ large light bar, SmittyBilt 8000 lb Winch, ARB rear air locker, Spidertrax spacers, BIGBILL's CB combo, Maplight Kit, ScangaugeII, Wet Okole covers, Kenwood DDX714.

Coming soon: Syntetic Line, BushWacker fender flares.

It's the same but different.

Last edited by jet cat; 12-14-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Master

Member Number: 3420

Here is link to Nala's build up, winch pic and start of the install. Wrigman and I needed that winch to get off our property this past summer! lol!! we sank to the rear axles in soft soot like dirt! lol thank goodness we had that and our recovery gear with us! 5 trees and and hour and half later we were on solid ground! I got to drive during most of this process while wrig guided me and the winch line! It saved our butt's!! We do have neighbors bout 1/8 mile down the road but haven't met hem yet! Didn't want to meet them in that type of situation either!!LOL!!!! We (if you read on in our thread) replaced the steel cable with synthetic line to lighten up the front end and safety reasons.

winch and more here :
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...8-post157.html

07 FJ, 2wd, modded pre-runner, Click the link below for Nalas build up thread:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...tml#post734413

Sandabbe <><

Last edited by sandabbe; 12-14-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 10370
Lifetime Supporting Member

The front will eventually sag/drop when you add the Lucrum winch mount plus the Winch.
You need to lift the front either with at least 2" spacer or the adjustable coil over to compensate the added weight.

TLCA #17592
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Auto Titanium Silver
Mods too long to list so I created a website www.nestahedition.com

www.Facebook.com/NestahEdition
http://instagram.com/nestahedition#

http://norcalfjs.ning.com/

"The silent force" - NestahEdition
"Don't be a So-So. Let your creativity show!"- My spouse

http://www.fjc-mag.com/july-2013/nestah-edition - NestahEdition 07 FJ Featured on July 2013 issue
Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Master

Member Number: 7025

If you go off road, winch on a 4x2 makes even more sense for sure.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 16294

use synthetic line, every pound you can save will be well worth it since it is weight that you're adding as far away from your drive wheels as it can get.
Lifting does not remove the body mount from the path the tire takes up and down in the wheel well. Lifting does not move that path around the body mount. Lifting only sets the starting point of that path partially below the body mount giving the illusion of clearance. Only alignment and/or body mount chop can increase tire clearance between the body mount and tire.

Titanium Silver 2007 5at 4x2 - Trade-in
Silver Fresco 2010 6mt 4x4 - Build Thread
Old 12-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member Number: 23881

Ok im not trying to be mean here .seriously... but why would you go off-road without 4x4? That just means your going to have little to no traction, and the only trails you should be on wont require a winch? Just seems like a waste of money but thats just my two cents...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x2 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.