Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New build up and need to get it dirty!

5K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  w5wi 
#1 ·
So, I've installed the Expedition One w/Superwinch, Warn Rear Bumper, ICON Stage 2 suspension, Bud Built Rock Rails, Dual battery electrical, new 285/70r17 BFG All Terrains and Pro Comp Wheels. Now it's time to get it dirty! Want to challenge the 4X2 a bit. Any ideas on day trails in the LA area? Can be inland or on the coast. Either way.

#19 ·
Only exterior items to change out are black door handles, mirrors and grill.
Here's the very latest:

#3 ·
Would love to! If you go to my pics on the forum you can see the pics from last month. My FJ is with Larry at Dirty Parts getting the final suspension, electrical, wheels and tires. The very moment I pick it up tomorrow I will be changing my avtar and adding plenty of "build" pics!! Here's one for you before tomorrow:

#4 ·
That's one mean looking 4x2. Day trails in LA? There are tons! Big Bear, Cleghorn, Barstow area trails, Azusa, Silverado trails,

#6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! Just want to get out after I pick up the ARRRR today. More pics to come for sure!!!

#8 ·
Going to pick it up from Dirty Parts now! Can't wait to see it with all the new mods completed!!!

#10 ·
Saaweet looking ride! Go get er dirty :rocker:

#12 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Man oh man! gonna put pics up of the rig with all the final mods (minus the black grill, mirrors and door handles) tomorrow. Need a spot out Lake Elsinore way to get the FJ dirty and test out the new Pro Comp/BFG285's and Stage 2 ICONs. Anyone have a suggestion or two?

D13

#15 ·
like I said, cleghorn isnt too far away...or you could come down to SD some night and we could head out to El centro for a late night prerunner run.

I have the extended travel ICONs too. which UCAs did you go with? im using the ICON UCAs and love them.

#17 ·
Took Indian Truck Trail but it ends into a fenced off new housing development. The entire area is surrounded by no off road vehicle signs and fencing.

#20 ·
Certified awesome looking 2wd!! Welcome to the club!!:cheers: Maybe I will see you around the South Bay. I grew up there, just moved from there and parents still live there.

#22 · (Edited)
Man! we are getting enough of these things around here to start doing some 2wd only runs! The rig is looking very nice! All the right parts. Hope to see ya on the trail soon.
By the way, Skyline dr., that leads to main divide and many other trails is right out my back door.:bigthumb:
P.S. We need to get you over to Demello's for some new skids! Thats if you haven't already done that. Also INSIST on having Jason make you a 2wd tranny skid!

#24 ·
Great looking rig! Now go get it dirty!

cheers,

dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.