Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New Red Eye Fabrication rear bumper

53K views 158 replies 63 participants last post by  HERSOG 
#1 · (Edited)
After seeing REF's rear bumper in the Unique thread, I immediately knew I wanted one. Anyway, extremely happy with how everything turned out. Mark is a great fabricator who is also an awesome artist in my opinion. The workmanship and quality was top notch and to top it off Mark was great to work with. He kept me well informed of the progress, when it would ship, gave me tracking information, and packaged the bumper very well. As I told him, I am proud to drive around this bumper. His idea for the bumper is very unique and I hope he is rewarded for his unique idea. Here's hoping that more bumpers are made so more people could enjoy them. I know I find myself staring at it all the time.

By the way, the only purpose of this thread is to recognize a great product and great service.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Yeah thats all I found but I wasn't sure if it was still valid. I can't belive in this time any sort of business can't at least set up a company contact webpage, given that it costs all of about $25 a year, LOL Will give it a shot, thx :bigthumb:

#9 ·
Nice rear bumper!

#11 ·
Oh man. OOOHHHHH MAN. I may have just found the rear bumper I've been looking for. If you don't mind my asking, how much did it set you back?

#14 ·
Awesome!!! Wonder what the price is?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Not disclosing how much so as to not influence any future prices but I will tell you that I would pay it all over again. This is serial number 2. Well worth it in my opinion. The bumper is a work of art. It blends beautiful fabrication with excellent technical know how.

#13 ·
Awesome!!! Wonder what the price is?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#20 ·
:bigthumb: That is awsome, that is by far the best rear bumper I have seen. I am very interested in getting one in the future. If this is something you may do more of in the future please let us know. Where in California are you located?
:rocker: Great Work.

:cheers:

Jay

#25 ·
Probably about the only thing I'd like to see different is the addition of some shackle mounts for recovery. Sure you could always use a tow hitch shackle, but it looks like the tow hitch cuts into departure clearance a bit, so I'd probably run without it most of the time.

#26 ·
The receiver hitch has worked as a great rear bumper skid for me a number of times (when I probably still would have hit without it). :lol:

#48 ·
I'm in the bay area like dave said but a modified version of the bumper will be offered through a vendor in the near future.

Cool, please keep us posted, I am interested. :bump:
I can wait, that bumper, to me appears to be worth the wait. Agian very good work. :rocker:

thanks.

:cheers:

Jay

#39 ·
Good to know, very excited about this :bigthumb:

#40 ·
Mark,

I am so glad that you finally decided on having a vendor produce them for you. I have been waiting for it since I first saw it long ago.

good to know I should start saving to get it as soon as it becomes available.

cheers
JP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.