Light Racing UCA installed w/Pics - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Light Racing UCA installed w/Pics

Bandi, shouldn't there be a hand sticking out from under your FJ?

72 FJ40 - Drive 45 to stay alive and remember to bring your ear plugs!
08 Tacoma TRD Off Road Rugged Trail
07 FJ - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Oh yeah! That looks AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to see them on my rig. Thanks for the pics!

I know exactly what you mean. Everyone always says it gets better with time, but that isn't true. It hurts terribly forever. I think you just learn to live with the grief is all. I wish you the best and again thank you for sharing your son's story with all of us.

Mitakuye Oyasin.
#23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
fjal previously said: View Post
Bandi, shouldn't there be a hand sticking out from under your FJ?
I was looking around for an hour and still
can't find one... Maybe at home, but I did
see a small shot over on the hummer form
from a joint club ride in the pines...

lower right hand corner, so to speak !...

[[[[[ DEMELLO ROCKS FlatTop Bumpers ]]]]]

***** 4+PLUS FJ Cruiser Steel Skid Set *****

The "Bandi Mount" From ALL-PRO OFF-ROAD

..IN LOVING MEMORY OF OUR SON BENJAMIN...
..WE LUV HIM & WILL MISS HIM VERY MUCH !!!

Ben, I will always wonder, Who You'd Be Today

click here for " THE BANDI BUILD " thread link
#24 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:10 PM

ToledoFJ called us and let us know this thread was flowing. Here are a few deign points on our Upper Control Arms you all might be interested in knowing:

• Our Upper Control Arms were designed work with a wide range of coilover shocks; from the stock Toyota units to long travel aftermarket shocks similar to the Light Racing or Icon units. This includes shocks that allow for a slight increase in droop travel.
• The increased travel was accommodated by using a ball joint with a higher range of travel. The stock Toyota ball joint has a 77° included angle (or 38.5° off centerline). Our design allows for a 90° included angle (or 45 ° off centerline. A spherical bearing (monoball) with high angularity inserts rarely has more than a 35° included angle. The angle of the ball joint plate is optimized for this increased ball joint travel.
• The sliding off-set ball joint that we use allows for a huge range of alignment adjustment rather than designing an arm with a static off-set and relying on the Lower Control Arm cam bolts for adjustment. This means the camber of our arm can be adjusted to the stock upper control arm geometry or it can be adjusted for proper camber in a 4” lifted vehicle. The caster can also be adjusted from stock numbers up to a 4° increase in caster for better high speed stability.
• Using a standard ball joint (instead of a monoball) and molded rubber inner pivots (instead of urethane) gives better ride quality, better longevity, lower maintenance, and quiet operation.
• We as a company have 30 years experience designing ball joints for aftermarket and OEM use. The design and quality of the ball joints used on these arms is top notch.
• Our arms are coated using E-coating. This is a process where the coating is electro-statically grown on the part. This is used for many OEM suspension components and gives superior corrosion protection to zinc plating, paint, or powdercoating.

I will check this thread a few more times over the next couple of weeks and answer what questions I can. For other questions please call our customer service department at (800)525-6505.
#25 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the information and specs on this. It is always best to get the information from the company that designed the product.
I apologize for not getting back to you before now on the clearance questions that were asked. We did compare the arms to the stock ones and posted a photo with some information here:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...oup-buy-4.html
We also looked at the larger size of the ball joint and the increase in range from side to side and there is a noticeable difference comparing your's to stock arms. There is more clearence in the spring area and on the tire side.

To All; I did not post this here to cause problems just to clarify proper information.

Bandi; we did not want to offend you and I hope you did not take offense to the post from us. You have very informative posts normally and there is good information in this thread now because of you!
#26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Sweet! Now I'm really happy I went with these!

Mitakuye Oyasin.
#27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 30 Post(s)

I ordered my Light Racing UCA set this week and I can't wait to try them out. I will keep you posted on my first impressions. Chris

'07 Voodoo Blue/6MT/Roof Rack/Towing Package/ALL-PRO-Front Bumper w/Prerunner Light Bar, Rock Guards, Full Skid Plates, High Clearance Exhaust, Ultimate Lower Skids/Metal Tech Rear Bumper/ICON Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir Front-Rear PiggyBack Reservoir Shocks-Shin Guards/aFe Pro-Guard 7 CAI/Doug Thorley Headers/Garvin Trail Rack/KC Daylighters/BFG AT/KO's 315x70x17 Tires/17 inch Steel Wheels/Magnaflow Exhaust/Man-A-Fre Extended Brake Lines/M-Pac Rear Mount/Power Tank/Manik Taillight Guards & Roof Rack Light Bar/Light Racing Adjustable UCA/Safari Snorkel/SCUBA Mods/Toy Outfitters Rear Upper Control Arms, Rim Stiffeners/URD Short Shifter/Timbren Bumpstops/Baja Rack, + a butt load more mods..
#28 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Well, my buddy loves his so far. These are the shizzel! I just finished the final coat of paint on them and it turned out very nice. Can't wait to post some pics for you guys and girls!

Mitakuye Oyasin.
#29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Forum Superstar

Send a message via MSN to SKINUM

What tools do you need to install these?

It's not worth doing if you can't drop some f-bombs along the way!

THE BUILD OF SKINUM CLICK HERE TO VIEW
#30 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

nothing special. My buddy did most of the wrenching while I took pics and watched. PM Excrement and he can tell you exactly what he used. I know he didn't buy anything special to do this install. It only took them about two hours to do both sides.

Mitakuye Oyasin.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.