Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  lgrt 
#1 · (Edited)
Just new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Is there a "FJ Club" in San Antonio TX?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks everyone! Purchased 2014 about 2 weeks ago. The one owner before me, did most of the work. I am adding all my touches to it. Hi-Lift Jack, Weather Tech cargo mat, and legal tint on front windows. Looking into LED headlights with Halo (Spyder). Any thoughts?

I have been a Tundra owner since 2004, but loving the FJ!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I am adding all my touches to it. Hi-Lift Jack, Weather Tech cargo mat, and legal tint on front windows. Looking into LED headlights with Halo (Spyder). Any thoughts?
If you plan on offroading it, you need smaller wheels and more sidewall on your tires to give you room to air down. Most of us run at 15-25 PSI on the trails, if you air your current low-profile tires down you won't have much sidewall left. You should do this pretty soon, as your current wheels will lose value if they're damaged offroad.

Either 16 (best - TRD BLACK 6-Spoke Alloy Wheel 16 PTR20-35080) or 17 (ok - TRD Pro Black 17 x 7 Wheel (1) PTR20-35110-BK) inch wheels will work. The nice thing is that your current wheels will fit any Tacoma / 4Runner of the same generation, so you can recover some / all of the cost of your new wheels and tires by selling these on Craigslist.

Also +1 for this comment:

If you are going offroad (which is what I am assuming since you are adding Hi Lift Jack), then you might want to remove those step bars. Those steps will get destroyed and those bars may be mounted to the body rather than the frame and can cause damage.
You want a nice set of kick-out rock sliders that bolt to the frame.

#10 ·
Welcome.

And....you are already decorated for Halloween!

...just kidding. I think Magma looks better with black or color matched roof than with the white roof.

If you are going offroad (which is what I am assuming since you are adding Hi Lift Jack), then you might want to remove those step bars. Those steps will get destroyed and those bars may be mounted to the body rather than the frame and can cause damage.

#14 ·
Welcome

#15 ·
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: OrangeFJ
#21 ·
Welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.