Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

All Cal 2014???

12K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  NyNomad 
#1 ·
Fellow FJer's from California,

Are we having an All-Cal event in 2014? Let's not let this great event die!!!

John

:laugh

#2 ·
I'm down!

#3 ·
I know Jason talked about doing it last year, but time did not allow it.

I am thinking we should contact Scully, he manages a winery that has camping and RV areas, central California. I will email him this evening and talk with him over the weekend if possible. I think after the summer is a better idea for now, late September to mid October.

Any thoughts.

#5 ·
I swapped email with Jason about it last month.

We spitballed this:

Jason: Joshua Tree
Me: if there, then 3rd weekend in October (most agreeable temps)

That's as far as we've gotten.

#8 ·
Sign me up!

#9 ·
We had the step cal spring fling at Jawbone. I was there last weekend. It could easily support an all cal. Just need someone......anyone to put it together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Subscribed... Would like to hear some more details...

#12 ·
Keep us up to date

DX FJC

I'm on my phone because I'm screwing off...

#14 ·
I have seen it mentioned that the first weekend of November @ Pismo is going to be an impromptu "All Cal" because after a lot of people already committed to that weekend. It looks like the other groups have decided to have Surf and Turf on the second weekend of November (breaking a 10 year tradition). I could care less about the time. I just want to go to Pismo and it will be epic on Halloween!!!!

#15 ·
If we do All-Cal in Joshua Tree it has to be October.

Before that - too hot to camp - after that - too cold.

But I haven't spent one moment on this, and I assume Jason hasn't either.

I'd like to do it in Hollister, but there's no way to get a permit by the end of the year.

#18 ·
Voight is Hollister close to home for you since you say Central between 1 & 101? Because that tells me it has to be Central Coast somewhere? I'm was born & raised in N. Salinas Prunedale area. But I've called Arizona home for little over 10 years now. :cheers:

But reading this thread is making me Jelious & Home Sick Guys :crying

#17 ·
#21 ·
Just got an FJ 2011 TT and would love to join and meet up with some fellow FJer's in California. I'm located in SoCal (orange county).

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.