Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Fuel Tanks

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bazross 
#1 ·
no sure if it's in a thread but 87l sub tank from Jan13 production as standard.:clap:

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys and sorry about that, it's Friday, I'll need to fill in my profile! I'm in Australia. I tried talking to the sales guy (at a Toyota dealer but addmittedly in the used car dept) and he had no clue so went and checked and he reckons the one I'm looking at does (call me sceptical), but I thought I'd like to confirm it myself.

#11 ·
Thanks guys and sorry about that, it's Friday, I'll need to fill in my profile! I'm in Australia. I tried talking to the sales guy (at a Toyota dealer but addmittedly in the used car dept) and he had no clue so went and checked and he reckons the one I'm looking at does (call e sceptical), but I thought I'd like to confirm it myself.
G'day Mate,
you will need to look under the FJ and find the mounting points. They will be obvious if they are there.
Across the rear cross member behind the bumper there should 2 sets of 4 holes with frame nuts welded into them. This is where the rear brackets mount up.
If you see them, then yes ... if you don't see them, its an early model 2013 and doesn't have em fitted.
There should also be 2 forward mounts with frame nuts etc .... about 2/3's in from the bumper, the LH one sits very close to the fuel filler pipe, the RH side one is a coupla inches from the exhaust pipe, both are inline from the rear brackets .....

good luck,

ps. don't trust the salesman !!!!!

cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.