Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Moving to Sydney

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Titan2k10 
#1 ·
G'Day,
Welp, I recently accepted a job in Sydney and will be moving there in the coming months with my wife and dogs following a few months behind. With that, any suggestions, comments, thoughts, tips, pointers, etc... really anything would be appreciated. I will be FJ-less, but still hope connect with some FJers.

Also, anything I should bring with me in relative abundance that I can resell for a win-win?

Cheers,
-Spike

Reactions: Lucky3
#3 ·
Thanks Siege! I'll have to drop by in that forum as well. If we do get a vehicle, we'll become a 1 vehicle household with a shared interest. Hopefully a used 4 Runner is in middle ground for me and my wife :wink

#4 ·
Also, anything I should bring with me in relative abundance that I can resell for a win-win?

Cheers,
-Spike
Anything in VooDoo Blue. Contact Baz for more info. >:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: WaJohnZ
#5 ·
Sydney is essentially San Francisco, except they drive on the wrong side of road and talk funny. My best mate has been there 15 years, so we visit a lot.

The people are friendly and the country is gorgeous.

Avoid the temptation to outfit yourself from head to toe in Drizabone gear, though I do have a boonie hat from them sitting on my dash right now.

As far as makin' some dough, I have found that premium guitars and Eames LCWs brought over and left behind make my trips to Oz essentially a free proposition.

#8 ·
You might be able to find a 70 series to help fill the FJ void. Thats what I would do. >:D:rocker:

#9 ·
Solid advice - I'll look into it :grin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.