Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Let's see your Camping pics with the FJ

891K views 2K replies 714 participants last post by  04OFF 
#1 ·
Anyone got any? Would be cool to see the tents and locations with the FJ..

#2 ·
I know for a fact that the Woodsman has a few tucked away!...

#4 ·
Sweet! Love the military trailer! Keep em coming!

#6 ·
Have not got out at all yet this year due to a leg/knee injury.
I am hoping to get out next month to test out lots of new gear.

These pics are from last year, and a few from 2009.

A new wood chuckbox replaces the old kitchen setup below

#8 ·
Here's a couple from Memorial Day weekend in the San Rafael Swell and a long weekend late June in the West Elk Mountains

Reactions: PureFJCruiser
#12 ·
Camping at Meadow lake the weekend before the summit.

Camping at the Summit... with a new friend...

#17 ·
#19 · (Edited)
Camping on the Bahía de los Ángeles in Baja Mexico. Mountains and desert to the west and the Sea of Cortez behind us to the east. NO ONE around us. Photo from our Baja off road adventure.

#24 ·
OK, I spent a few minutes finding some of my camping pics . . . just because I want to be a contributor to this great thread. :)

The Maze, Canyonlands National Park, November 2010.

This pic is in the "Dollhouse". Dudes in the pic are Chris Davis and Dan Markovski, both from Denver. We were preparing breakfast for 8-9 people. We spent two nights here.

While at the Dollhouse we set up a Pett toilet in a spot that was quickly warmed in the morning. I mean, who wants goosebumps on their bum ? :lol: Dan is modelling . . . not actually using it. Notice that he is also reading "proper" material for an expedition-style trip . . . Overland Journal. PS - this particular copy has been . :rofl:

The view from the Pett's location was spectacular.

The third night was spent at The Maze Overlook. This is where several guys setup and also where we had dinner.

If you turn around 180 degrees you will see this.

I set up for the night a little distance away, near the Nuts and Bolts. Here's my spot with corresponding view. :bigthumb:

#25 ·
Here's Imperial AT-FJ and I camping in the Everglades this past February.

#27 ·
Here's a couple more from a Kokopelli Trail trip in May 2009.

This is my brother John's spot which was over a ledge about 20ft down from where the rest of us had set up tents. The location was the camping area near the bottom of Rose Garden Hill. He was lucky we knew he was down there otherwise he may have been rudely awoken in the middle of the night, if you know what I mean. :lol:

On the way home from that trip we zipped over and checked out Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park which is just east of Montrose, Colorado. They have a nice camping area and we snagged this spot. Had deer and other funny winged critters walking around the tent all night long.

#29 ·
My walmart tent did pretty good in the snow!
:clap:

I've been using the same $50 Coleman tent from Wal-Mart(or Dick's Sporting Goods, can't remember) since 2008. It has a rain fly with total coverage, has never leaked or succumbed to strong winds and has always kept the critters at bay. I'm gonna try one of their "instant" tents sometime for faster setup.