Mounting a fridge slide - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Camping Equipment This forum is for discussing camping equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mounting a fridge slide

For those of you with a fridge and slide, how did you mount it? I have an ARB fridge slide and would like to somehow mount it in the back of my FJ. I'm looking for other options besides bolting it to the floor. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Supporting Member
Re: Mounting a fridge slide

This is my setup:

It was custom-made by AT with their light weight composite but I'm sure it would be an easy DIY project with the material of your choice. The box makes packing around and above the fridge much more efficient, maximizing use of the limited amount of storage in the back of the FJ. I did consider placing the slide on a drawer but that would block rearward vision and the fridge would hit the door (at least with the rear seats up). It utilizes existing holes for the d-loops in the rear and captured nuts in the front, so it is not too difficult to remove, not that I intend to do so.

AZSANDSTORMER-Slow Build

KF7LEH

2008 FJC Sandstorm, MT6, BFG TA/KO 265/70/17, Wrangler/Optima Dual Battery Setup, ARB Compressor, TRD S/C, OEM Sliders, Garvin Roof Rack, Icon Stage I, TRD QuickShifter, IMP shift knobs, Yaesu 7900R, Ricochet, MPAC, Engel 45, AT Fridge Box, Demello/Warn, LRA Tank. Coming: Demello Rear, SCS F5

1986 FJ60, White, H55F, BFG, Optima Dual Battery Setup, 5.7 Vortec, ARB Front Bumper, Kaymar Rear Bumper, WKOR Sliders, 42 Gallon Gas Tank, ARB Compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Old Man Emu, Garvin Roof Rack, Yaesu 7900R, Engel 45, AT Drawers/ Platinum fridge slide.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Forum Master

Mounting a fridge slide

Very nicely done dcoy. How much does it weigh altogether?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
2010 TT 6MT. Icon Coil Over Shocks+Icon 2.5 Rear+Icon UCA. All pro HD steering Kit. Lucrum Winch Mount with Caterpillar GTB 9000 Winch. Light Force Striker 170 HID. K&N cooled Air Intake.Ricochet Skid Plate. All-Pro Rear LCA. ARB Half Rack. KMC XD Enduro Beadlock XD222. 305/70/R17 BFG KM2. 265/75/R16 BFG KM2. Edelbrock Exhaust. URD Short Shifter. Total Chaos LCA Skids.
And Death Valley Is The Place To Be

Last edited by HERSOG; 02-17-2013 at 03:36 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Thanks Dcoy. I'll be contacting AT tomorrow!
#5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Forum Veteran

Supporting Member

Quote:
HERSOG previously said: View Post
How much does it weigh altogether?
Didn't actually weigh this particular item but when I've felt samples of the composite material they weigh barely more than styrofoam. The drawers in composite weigh half what the birch drawers that AT sells. You definitely pay for the light weight but I've been trying to do whatever I can to minimize needless extra weight, especially for items that will live forever in the FJ.

AZSANDSTORMER-Slow Build

KF7LEH

2008 FJC Sandstorm, MT6, BFG TA/KO 265/70/17, Wrangler/Optima Dual Battery Setup, ARB Compressor, TRD S/C, OEM Sliders, Garvin Roof Rack, Icon Stage I, TRD QuickShifter, IMP shift knobs, Yaesu 7900R, Ricochet, MPAC, Engel 45, AT Fridge Box, Demello/Warn, LRA Tank. Coming: Demello Rear, SCS F5

1986 FJ60, White, H55F, BFG, Optima Dual Battery Setup, 5.7 Vortec, ARB Front Bumper, Kaymar Rear Bumper, WKOR Sliders, 42 Gallon Gas Tank, ARB Compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Old Man Emu, Garvin Roof Rack, Yaesu 7900R, Engel 45, AT Drawers/ Platinum fridge slide.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Forum Master

Mounting a fridge slide

Thanks for the info. Looking great. Cheers

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
2010 TT 6MT. Icon Coil Over Shocks+Icon 2.5 Rear+Icon UCA. All pro HD steering Kit. Lucrum Winch Mount with Caterpillar GTB 9000 Winch. Light Force Striker 170 HID. K&N cooled Air Intake.Ricochet Skid Plate. All-Pro Rear LCA. ARB Half Rack. KMC XD Enduro Beadlock XD222. 305/70/R17 BFG KM2. 265/75/R16 BFG KM2. Edelbrock Exhaust. URD Short Shifter. Total Chaos LCA Skids.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Forum Veteran

Supporting Member

Quote:
Thanks (BTW, I agree with the DV plug in your sig; we're headed there this Spring Break)

AZSANDSTORMER-Slow Build

KF7LEH

#8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Quote:

OT: Where was that pic taken in DV? Looks awesome.

Steve
TLCA 14294
KJ6DAA

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true."
Demosthenes c.383-322 BC
(you know, like gods and stuff)
#9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Forum Veteran

Can you please provide more information on the composite material used to build your box?
I am very interested in it!

2012 Cavalry Blue, Maggiolina Air Land, Engel MR040, LightInSight, WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Demello Offroad FJ Round Tube Sliders.
#10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Forum Master

Mounting a fridge slide

Quote:
sonof40 previously said: View Post
OT: Where was that pic taken in DV? Looks awesome.
Sorry for hijacking this theard for a moment. Yes, the pic was taken In DV on the top of the Keystone mine you can get to it via Ballarat & Goler Wash. The top of the mountain is a solid white Granite and has an amazing panoramic View also it is very close to Barker Ranch/Charles Manson hideout. Cheers

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Camping Equipment

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.