Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

RTIC Tumblers

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BIGGUY 
#1 ·
I ordered some RTIC 30oz Tumblers and they got here today. They look great in both black and Camo and they have a bit of heft to them. I also picked up one of the handles for them and it's nice. I don't think it will fit in my cup holder in the truck with the handle though. In the house it works great with it. I also picked up a pack of their plastic straws. They sell the plastic ones with a ridge around them to hold the straw up off the bottom of the tumbler a bit and a pack of stainless steel straws that also has the ridge and both are 4 packs with the stainless straws having a small cleaning brush too. I chose the plastic because I though the stainless might be a bit too cold in the winter to use and a bit hard if drinking from it when bouncing off road if you happened to hit your teeth or gums or poke your cheek. The plastic is a hard plastic and a lot better than the straws from a fast food place and should last for quite some time.

I've only used one of the Tumblers for awhile tonight in the house and so far it looks good. I filled it with ice up to the full mark and then added tea like I do with the plastic cup I usually use. I've refilled the tumbler with tea several times and there have been about a dozen small "McD's" sized ice cubes that have fallen into it and the ice level is still at the full line mark. Normally I'd fill my plastic cup with tea several times and also top off the ice at least twice in this same time frame.

I'll have to wait until it warms up to test out how it holds ice in the heat. Right now we're hitting temps in the zero and below range so a test outside or in the truck even wouldn't mean much. Hell I could pour ice and tea in a ziploc bag and it would stay cold and full of ice until at least April right now.

They have some double walled insulated stainless bottles in various sizes and colors with a 64oz being the biggest. They look pretty good too.

The Tumblers are a good bargain at $10.99 each for the 30oz and the 64oz bottles are $20.99 each. This compared to $40 for the Yeti Tumbler and $70 for their bottle. The reviews and comparisons show both products to be pretty close for the most part. One review of the Tumblers a guy made was between the Yeti 30oz and the RTIC 30oz and he for some reason prechilled the Yeti but not the RTIC. He then filled them with ice and set them on his mantle. Every few hours he would open the lid and show the ice level and then take a temperature reading. The Yeti finally ran out of ice while the RTIC was still going for a bit. He had to end the test as he was leaving on vacation and the RTIC still had ice at 42 hours so that's not too bad at all especially for the price.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought my Yeti used and think its OK for what I payed for it but I'ver been looking for a soft sided cooler and can't put up the $$$$ for a new Yeti so RTIC looks like a great alternative.

Thanks Bigguy

#4 ·
Summit X this year, had the RTIC tumblers.
We got one to start and before we left we had picked up a 2nd 30oz.
Not a nice bonus a month later, when I got a 20oz from the summit for leading trails..
We are totally sold on these. 1/3 or less of the price of Yeti, and its crazy how well they keep things HOT/COLD.
I have not ordered Handles, and Stainless Straws for our collection!

GO RTIC!!

#5 ·
I am with you @BIGGUY They are awesome.
The wife got a hold of mine one day and it kept her water cold all day. She was very impressed. So I bought her one. A few weeks later I bought a couple more for my parents and also got handles for all. Bought the heavy duty plastic straws as well.
For the money they can't be beat. I was so impressed with the tumblers that I picked up one of their coolers as well.

#8 ·
Thanks guys. I wrote this hoping others might benefit from it. I do a lot of research before I buy things and if they work like they should I'll sing their praises and if they don't I'll let that be known too.

#9 ·
I originally looked at the RTIC coolers too, but the long wait time put me off and trying to decide between a 20qrt or a 45qrt was another thing to consider too. I looked around and read reviews and watched videos and found another brand called ORCA that's USA made and they have a cooler in the 26qrt size that's just perfect for what I wanted. It was more expensive than the RTIC, but not as much as the other brands and their coolers are a true size in that if it says 45qrt that's what it is and not a model number like Yeti or others which may say 45, but they are smaller in quart sizes. I love my cooler and it works great for me.

Orca also has tumblers, bottles, soft coolers, etc., but they are more expensive than the RTIC stuff and some of their tumblers and stuff are actually kind of ugly.

#10 ·
Well it's in the neighborhood of 24 hours of filling my Tumbler up with ice and then tea. The only ice that's been added since then are a few small pieces of the ice left in the Nalgene bottles from when I poured the tea into them from the McDs cups. It maybe dropped in level about 1/4" and that ice from the drinks kept it full. I've put 6 of my 32oz Nalgene bottles through it in that time and it's ice cold and holding ice great. I love it. I think if there will be any problem with it at all it will probably be with the lid since I remove so often that I'll probably wear it out. I can purchase new ones though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.