Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Body Armor Rear Bumper for Toyota FJ Cruiser

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  TexAble 
#1 ·
When modding our FJ Cruisers, we usually care of the front the most. But the rear is also important, protecting your rig from different hazards or that distracted driver in the parking lot. Body Armor created a rugged rear bumper, allowing better ground clearance and departure angles. Equipped with a pair of welded shackles with D-rings for recovery points, it also retains the use of the factory hitch receiver for a third recovery point if necessary.

Features:

- Constructed of 3/16” carbon steel
- High clearance design to maximize departure angles
- Dual wheel bearing pivot system
- Swing arm can carry 40” tire, Hi-Lift jack, 2 gas cans
- No-drill, no-weld simple install.

Body Armor Rear Bumper got your tail covered! Inquire for the prices quotes in the comments below.

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought this bumper did not retain the factory hitch but works with most after market hitch receivers?

Reactions: FJFool
#6 ·
Just getting ready to install this rear bumper and it took a significant amount of searching to find the information and, I have determined that the factory hitch system will work. It does, however, require losing the center D-ring. If you look at the pictures posted here by the vendor, you can see the bolt pattern for the D-ring is the same configuration as the OEM hitch. Oil change and other maintenance before I can install the new bumper - once I do, I will post pictures for those that are interested.
:wink

#7 ·
So it has been nearly a year, and I am realizing I never posted a follow up to my install of the Body Armor rear bumper. I went with the aftermarket hitch assembly from Curt and I am glad I did! There were a few choice words, some busted bolts, a bit of angle grinding, a 5 lb maul, some more choice words and...voila! Having a second set of hands would have helped quite a bit - I opted for my low profile jack and a couple of jack stands (with micro fiber cloths - no sense in dinging the bumper before I get off-road :) ) At any rate, it looks great and I get compliments from other Cruiser owners and even a few Jeep buddies!

#8 ·
Any pics? There's a rear bumper install in the future for my FJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.