Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Book Cliff Cruisers

9K views 76 replies 18 participants last post by  Ace Brown 
#1 ·
We are a Toyota 4x4 club on Colorado's Western Slope and always trying to recruit new members. There are quite a few FJCs but also a good mix of 60s, 80s, 4-Runners, Tacos and one 100 series. We are very active doing at least two runs a month and attend big events like Cruise Moab in force. We also do lots of camping trips. Several of us will be attending the Summit in a few days so look for our BCC stickers. Club activity can be found on the ih8mud forum then go to TLCA/clubhouses/book cliff cruisers.

Ace

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#5 ·
We have members from as far away as Wyoming so Vail would not be much of a stretch.

#7 ·
I have been considering joining since I bought my FJ last year. The only problem I have is that without a job I don't know whether I'll be living here in Junction or Denver area. There is a small posibility I may have to move out of state (God forbid) to find work.

So don't think that I've been ignoring you guys, I've just been trying to find the simple luxury of a steady job as an accountant (non CPA).

#8 ·
Needing to find a job kinda sucks but as dues are only $25 why not take a chance? Small risk, big reward.

Good luck finding employment.

Ace

#9 ·
Met three people at the Summit that were interested in joining; Dan from Ridgway and the nice couple from Montrose (sorry I'm drawing a blank on your names). Hope we see you again soon.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#10 ·
...the nice couple from Montrose (sorry I'm drawing a blank on your names)....
Could be Marta. They have a kennel and breed dogs in Montrose, and are relatively new to the area. Great peeps, indeed :cheers:

#12 ·
I'm in...just have to be home long enough to sign up and find my checkbook. It was fun hanging with you all at OvEx12!

#15 ·
I think the September meeting will be at our secretary's house in Junction but not announced yet. Most of the current info is on ih8mud, TLCA, clubhouses, book cliff cruisers. We also have our own website and Facebook page but I think the majority use Mud. In fact I just put new info there on a trip set for August 24-26 up on the Flattops above Glenwood Springs. We will be camping at Adams Lake Friday and Saturday. It would be great to have a good turnout. All are welcome. In fact it's a club requirement that folks attend at least one run before joining.

Ace

#16 ·
Next meeting update: will be Sept 5 at 7:00 PM. Location is on 27 1/4 Road north of Grand Junction. Details should be on Mud soon.

Ace

#17 ·
We are running the Transfer Trail up to the Flat Tops above Glenwood Springs August 24-26. We will be camping at Adams Lake. Will be meeting in the parking lot under the gondolas at 10:00 AM Friday and heading out at 10:30. Details are on IH8MUD under TLCA, clubhouses, book cliff cruisers. This run is open to anyone driving a Toyota 4x4. Please post up here or on Mud if you'd like to join us.

Ace

#18 ·
Because of heavy rain moving in changing the start time to 12 noon.

Ace

#19 ·
Transfer Trail trip was reported on in another thread in this section.

BCC just did a fun trip up behind the Book Cliffs last weekend. Went up from Debeque to Wild Horse Mesa and other cool spots up there. This was a laid back trip, mostly 2wd, but very scenic and we did see a few wild ponies. Good to see some new members along: Harry and Marta and Anthony (Black Cherry Shogun).

Ace

#20 ·
Another good trip in the books. Did the Kokopelli and Arches for a total of 212 dirt miles in October. Full report in Expeditions section.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#21 ·
Kokopelli is always a good one. Hoping to do it again next spring.

#22 ·
Did you do it with Cruise Moab? How was the pace and camping? When I did it in 2008 with the Trail Team it was slow paced as we camped three nights on the trail, but that's how I like it.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#24 ·
We have a run set for this Friday up on the Uncompahgre Plateu. Meeting near the intersection of Hwys 50 and 141 in Whitewater in the big parking lot on the left just after turning onto 141. Leaving
there at 9:30. This will be an easy and scenic drive up on the ridge. If there is enough snow on the ground might try to do a little sledding. Please PM me if you plan to go. Photo is from the Divide Road shot in July.

Ace
Mountainous landforms Highland Mountain Hill Nature

#26 ·
I may have to cancel if no one is going to show. My budget is really getting squeezed with my first mortgage payment pending. Will post go or no go this evening.

Ace

#27 ·
It is on but with a later start time which I will post ASAP.

#28 ·
New start time will be 10:30 at same place.

#29 ·
Great run today! Got in about 75 miles on snow/ice/dirt. Our club prez really knows that area and found some really fun trails.
Snow Winter Wilderness Vehicle Tree
Mountainous landforms Mountain Nature Wilderness Ridge
Snow Tree Winter Bigtree Road

#32 ·
BCC will be doing another trip next weekend; Dec 8 or 9. Details after our meeting Dec 5. Just wanted to give a heads up so other Western Slope wheelers might want to join up with us and if you like what you see, join our club. We require any potential new members run with us at least one so we can weed out any Charlie Manson's.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#33 ·
Forgot to update time/place but one can always find current info on IH8MUD or our FB page.

We ended up going to White Wash dunes close to Green River, UT. A very popular spot for the ATV and m/c crowd. Also being watched quite closely by the BLM for OHV problems. We had a blast playing in the dunes and running the wash. Much of this local is an open play area but other than some litter it seemed pretty well under control. We definitely will go back there again soon.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.