Need 5 OEM Steel Wheels - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Colorado This is a forum for Colorado events, get togethers, and happenings.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need 5 OEM Steel Wheels

I posted in the "for sale locally" thread and missed a set that was literally minutes from my house. That's my luck...

Anyhow. I'm looking for a set of steelies that are in good to perfect condition in any state surrounding Colorado. I am in Firestone but travel all over for work.

I may entertain trading my 2011 8-hole alloys that are in near perfect condition but would prefer to just pay cash. I may have other trades too, I have tons of FJ40 and mini-truck parts.

Thanks.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM
FJ Expeditions R Us

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Need 5 OEM Steel Wheels

Quote:
Tommy the Cat previously said: View Post
I posted in the "for sale locally" thread and missed a set that was literally minutes from my house. That's my luck...

Anyhow. I'm looking for a set of steelies that are in good to perfect condition in any state surrounding Colorado. I am in Firestone but travel all over for work.

I may entertain trading my 2011 8-hole alloys that are in near perfect condition but would prefer to just pay cash. I may have other trades too, I have tons of FJ40 and mini-truck parts.

Thanks.

Tom
I just checked with my source. They still have steelies for sale. Go to this thread I started a while back for information: 17-inch Steelies for FJ Cruiser

Cheers,

dale

Happy Trails!
TLCA #17625

LOS TRES AMIGOS IN MEXICO

2013 ARMY GREEN--A/T

INSTALLED: BFG TA/ko Tires - M-Pac system - Rock Rails - ARB Roof Rack - ARB Fridge/Freezer - Gobi Ladder -All Pro APex rear bumper - All Pro Lower Links - All-Pro Lower link skids - Bud Built Skids - AT Cooler - Rear Diff Skid - ARB front Bumper with fog lights - Engo E10,000 winch - PRG Snorkel - IPF driving lights - Optima AGM Battery - Painless Dual Battery System - Scuba Driver Mod - Bandi Mount - Yaesu dual band radio - Icom IC-7000 HF - 12v Receptacles - Rock Lights -- Rocktek Shock Armor

To be continued...
#3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 PM

(Thread Starter)

Thank you Dale. $70/wheel shipped is a pretty decent deal. I will keep them in mind if I can't find any locally.

I was given a set of these wheels in perfect condition by a friend in 2007 because he thought I may want to use them on my FJ40. I didn't want them at the time and didn't think I would ever buy an FJ Cruiser so I passed them onto another guy that had a Tacoma. The point is I know they are out there and can be had for far less than $70/wheel if I'm patient.

I don't expect to get a set for free but I really like the idea of meeting a seller in person. That way I get to look at them before giving them any money and the person I'm giving the money to isn't marking them up after buying them for next to nothing. I'm sure the online vendors bought these in bulk for cheap and are making a killing on them. Kinda ruffles my feathers even if they are a good deal.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to shack

Quote:
Tommy the Cat previously said: View Post
Thank you Dale. $70/wheel shipped is a pretty decent deal. I will keep them in mind if I can't find any locally.

I was given a set of these wheels in perfect condition by a friend in 2007 because he thought I may want to use them on my FJ40. I didn't want them at the time and didn't think I would ever buy an FJ Cruiser so I passed them onto another guy that had a Tacoma. The point is I know they are out there and can be had for far less than $70/wheel if I'm patient.

I don't expect to get a set for free but I really like the idea of meeting a seller in person. That way I get to look at them before giving them any money and the person I'm giving the money to isn't marking them up after buying them for next to nothing. I'm sure the online vendors bought these in bulk for cheap and are making a killing on them. Kinda ruffles my feathers even if they are a good deal.
So the online vendors are just supposed to give them away for nothing? They have to eat too, you know.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

$350 shipped for a set of 5 steelies sounds like a very good deal. Not sure I've seen them go for much cheaper here.

Jessica

2011 Cavalry Blue with some added stuff.

Quote:
FJ in PDX previously said:
Help stamp out hand wringing.
Quote:
銀チタン previously said:
Honestly, wheeling a Land Cruiser is because you like Land Cruisers.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 08:04 PM

(Thread Starter)

This was posted in the "for sale locally" thread on 10/13-

Quote:
Free Steel Wheels,Caps and Lugs (Set of 5)
SOLD (Given away as the case may be) !!!Thanks for all of the PMs.

5 Steel FJ wheels(17") in excellent shape with caps and lugnuts... Free to good home, need the space in my shed. Located in Longmont at I-25. These will go fast...

So yeah, I think $350 is a little much. I've seen new take-offs go for $150-$250 in other regions. I'm more than willing to pay the upper end of that to a person I can meet in person and perhaps that person will spend the money I give them amongst this community. Wheels Express is neither physically in our community nor are they part of the Toyota community. I prefer buying stuff from local merchants too, rather than chains like WalMart that then pass my money on to China. I guess the Chinese need to eat too and I'm not helping with that either.

Thanks for your help, though.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage

I have 5. Still lookin?

Demello/Expo One/RCI Metalworks/Toytec/ProComp/BajaRack/Springtail Solutions/Ellis Precision/Rigid LED/Lifetime LED/Midland/Yaesu

My build page

#8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 09:27 AM

(Thread Starter)

Indeed I am. I'll message you.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Colorado

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.