Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Colorado B.S. Thread

155K views 2K replies 89 participants last post by  Subverto 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, thought this would be a cool thread to start. Just post up whatever!

#6 ·
It's similar to Christmas but, for a Christmas present, in general, you don't have to give up your first born child to pay for it. They make excellent tools but, the cost to buy a cabinet and the tools to fill it is likely to be more expensive than your FJ.

Getting back onto the CO BS topic, I've been sitting here watching the temps drop from -10F to -20F in the last 15 minutes. Definitely regretting my "wait and see" attitude towards getting a pellet stove installed.

#9 ·
Ya, I'm really not into this cold either. However, when it warmed up to -11 on the day we packed the car to move here from Minnesota in December of 2000, I was quite happy. So, it's all relative I guess. :lol:

If you want a hand with the install, let me know. If nothing else, I could show you where I put mine, and you could learn how not to do it. :jester:

#11 ·
My FJ really doesn't like anything under 10 degrees. The clutch and shifter feel like wet sand, and the interior makes lots of creaks and cracks before it heats up. I feel like I'm going to break something during my morning commute.

#13 ·
I'm driving my FJ up to the mountains tomorrow morning to go snowboarding. Anyone want to take a guess at how many large rocks will hit my windshield round trip?

#17 ·
Driving to work yesterday in CoS on 115, a good sized rock hit my windshield (3rd chip in 2 months) and I was pretty upset for a minute until a black infinity g35 directly in front of me made a quick lane change from the right to left lane, lost traction on the snow/ice covered asphalt and swerved off the highway, clipped a guard rail with the front left fender while crossing the median into the northbound left lane, over-steered back into southbound left lane and then finally came to a stop in the grass median. Luckily there were no vehicles heading (at that precise moment) northbound as he would have collided head on and caused some serious injuries or fatalities. Witnessing this, I forgot about my chipped windshield...//Michael :rocker:

#18 ·
I bet it did. It seems like every time it snows people need to learn how to drive in the snow again.

#21 ·
Feel lucky, I'm in Washington DC temporarily and they shut down the government and schools if they even think there is going to be snow. The last two times snow was forecast everything shut down and it did nothing or just rained. Last time it snowed about 2 inches and you would have thought it snowed 36" the traffic moved so slow.

#24 ·
Nope no alignment yet. As soon as i do i will send you a text thx.

Welp, i dont know about you all but ive seen enough figure skating to last me a lifetime today. Why dont you just turn off the tv you ask? Well when you are stuck in a hotel in north dakota you try and find something better to do.

This is the only kind of figure skating i like

#25 ·
Warrior Bumper installed today!

#28 ·
I'm happy to report that I didn't get any new rock chips in my windshield on Saturday, though I did get the FJ a little side ways on I-70 on my way back. I-70 was super icy this weekend, probably the worst I've ever seen it. I was planning on going back up yesterday since the conditions on the slopes were so good, but I'm glad I didn't. Heard there were tons of accidents and 3+ hour delays as well as I-70 closing multiple times throughout the day to clear all the accidents. What a mess.

#44 ·
Looks awesome... I think it looked even better after we put your roof rack back on. I hope to do this to my rig one day.

#46 ·
Thought I would say what's up. I'm not on here much, mostly because I'm pretty broke right now and seeing all these mods on everyone's FJ is nerve racking when I can't start modding yet. I actually just moved back to Aurora about 2 weeks ago and plan on staying this time. I don't know if it's appropriate or not, but I have a 4 gal Rotopax gas can I'm trying to sell for $80 and not wanting to try to ship it, so I thought I would see if anyone was in the market for one at all. I have an ad up in the for sale section but with it being a local sale only, might be tough getting enough looks.

I do plan on attending the Summit this summer and hopefully meeting some of you.

#47 ·
Oh, I'd like to add that I'm a welder/fabricator, but have to start over getting tools to start doing stuff, but I do still have my TIG welder. So maybe in the future I can start making some stuff and doing some work if anyone needs it. Not looking to make any money off it. I just like building ****.

#50 ·
Good to know... I may need your welding skills one day when I finally pull the trigger on rock rings for my steelies. Look forward to meeting you.

#56 ·
^^^^ college kids, sheesh! :lol:

Looks great, bro.....especially withthe rack back on there. :bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.