Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2014 Anti-Summit

7K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  shack 
#1 ·
2014 Anti-Summit... I've heard the rumors...Anyone know if this non-regulated event is still in the works for later in the Summer ? I'd really like to attend if so... Thanks! :jester:

#2 ·
Interesting. I am not familiar with this get-together. How soon after the Summit does the anti-Summit typically occur?

Wife and I will be in Durango-Ouray-Telluride later in the summer so our timing might be pretty convenient for something like this.

:smile

#6 ·
Very cool... Sounds like there is some interest. Will look for more information on the "other" forum... >:D

#8 ·
Nah....Ouray sucks. Don't go there....especially not in the fall.

#11 ·
Sweet. Let me double check my availability over those dates and I will let you know ASAP !!!

#36 ·
or to the Summit :lol:

sorry, shack....i couldn't resist.

Ya, like I have said many times before, Ouray sucks anyway. It's just a nasty little tourist town with smelly goofballs packed like sardines into a town so small that you can't measure it in whole numbers of miles across. Oh, and the trails are all boring, and not worth driving all the way there for. The scenery? Please. Once you've seen one amazing, crazy freakin beautiful landscape, you've seen em all.

#23 ·
There is no max. I've got 5 sites reserved right now and there's one or 2 still available. I've got to let them know final numbers about a week in advance or get stuck paying for all of the sites. Drop dead for me would be August 1st but I can't guarantee you'll have a site with us if you wait until then to decide.

There is no set plan, no organization nor anything else. Just a few people who really like Ouray but hate crowds.

:cheers::simmadown:

#28 ·
Shack, Still not sure if I will be able to make this one... We had some employee turnover so it's up in the air still. I might be able to come up for a lesser duration of just a day or two ? Will let you know asap. Thanks...

#30 · (Edited)
qwertyuiop[]

#34 ·
Summit is actually a pretty good time with very little drama and some cool vendors. Only line is for included food. Part of the reason I rode my harley to Colorado a couple of weeks ago was summit. You know what assuming does right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#42 ·
even less if you don't have that driving desire to be first in line ... we waited a little while after dinner time started and the line had disappeared, walked right up to the chow line - no waiting at all :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.