Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Boulder woman reports car stolen with her 2 border collies inside

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  OCR14a 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It doesn't go into much detail, but I wonder if they wrote her a ticket.

#5 ·
I'm with pop on this one. :lol:

Nah, seriously though...this story keeps getting more kooky every time they update it. ...really?....somebody saw two dogs in a car (a car that wasn't theirs), opened the car, removed the dogs from the car, and took them into their house for the night?

Holy cr@p!

Am I missing something here?
Why would anyone ever do such a thing?

Now, now, I understand the compassion of it all, etc, but really?!?....you're gonna go and open somebody else's car, take dogs out of it, and take em into your house?

just, wow.

Of course, I'm still curious about whether or not she got a ticket...

#7 ·
^^^^ more like what comes to my mind.

Wait now though.....I think I'm onto something...

Somebody didn't just see dogs in a car and decided to have compassion on them.....rather, they saw some dogs that they really wanted....enough to risk getting into somebody else's car and driving off with them, park out on the street in front of their own house, take the dogs and leave the car out there, and think that nobody would find out. [I'm mostly kidding about the stealing the car part, of course, but still...how much of a stretch is it really from opening somebody else's car, taking their dogs out of it and bringing them into your house? ]

How old is the dog-lover? Seventy-some and slightly senile (just enough to think it's less bad to steal somebody's car and take their dogs than it is to violate Colorado's puffing law?)? :lol:

If it had been human children, we'd be hearing about a kid-napping on the 'Breaking News' alerts.

Simply put, if you see some dogs in a car in a situation that you think may be bad for them (because we're just assuming it was all about compassion; i totally know what it's like when i see children alone in the back of a running vehicle at a gas station)......call the cops.

#8 ·
My dog loves his truck and stays in it all the time. I don't understand why having a dog in a vehicle is an issue if it's not too hot out!?! My dog loves hanging out in the FJ and would rather be alone in the FJ than sitting at home!

#9 ·
In this particular case, I think the heavier weight, (not emotionally or socially, but legally) would be leaving a running vehicle unattended (She even stated herself that she left it running and was in the store for ten minutes).

It's a public safety issue, because it could be hazardous to the one puffing, or to others out there by giving a criminal an easy head-start on a vehicle they know is good-to-go, and has nobody guarding it. Don't even need to jump-start it (and probably doesn't even need to 'break in', because most people that would leave their car running like that out in public also leave it unlocked); just get in and go.

At that point, they have basically given the criminal free transportation by leaving it out there running for them, and someone who is dangerous (demonstrated by the fact that they are willing to endanger themself and others by stealing someone else's vehicle) has now been, at best, aided and abetted, and at worst, weaponized (in the case of someone that either has harmful intents, or is under the influence of drugs/chemicals/whatever).

I think, in most places where there are laws like this, a vehicle parked on private property is exempted, but I can't say for sure about here in Colorado (I just don't do it).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.