Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moab Trip - October 2015 - camping and wheeling

29K views 254 replies 27 participants last post by  Winterpeg 
#1 ·
Let's get this on the Calendar. For those who went last year - enough said. For those who would like to join in please jump in.

#4 ·
I'm in 100%. Just need the dates to call off work.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Yeah @Basil hurry up with the dates. I'm already working on the triple-decker fire schematics. I'm also working on fabricating a beer slingshot to make shooting cans of beer up to you guys when your up on the rocks easier. Throwing them to you guys last year resulted in too many fallen soldiers.

#12 ·
I'll call off tomorrow!

#16 ·
MALL CRAWLER ALERT...

I had a great time last year, even though I had to cut it short. I may have to make the 2200 mile drive out in Sneaky Pete, my open diff Mall Crawler on 35" street tires. If I can find the time to install a locker beforehand, I might seriously drive out, if you'll have me ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Reactions: Moab Junky
#18 ·
MALL CRAWLER ALERT...

I had a great time last year, even though I had to cut it short. I may have to make the 2200 mile drive out in Sneaky Pete, my open diff Mall Crawler on 35" street tires. If I can find the time to install a locker beforehand, I might seriously drive out, if you'll have me ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

View attachment 535186

View attachment 535194

View attachment 535202
Has this machine seen a rock larger than 6 inches. or elevation higher than 17 feet? Sure is pretty.

#19 ·
Just in case you guys needed some motivation to get excited for Moab.

#20 ·
#26 ·
Matt when I saw you on Saturday you looked like you might be coming down with a case of Ebola. Better call off work Oct. 7 - 11 just to be safe. Don't want to put the client in Nevada at risk.

Reactions: Jrtheman
#28 ·
I can organize the caravan. I'll set up the details as the date gets closer.

#29 ·
#32 ·
Hello Gentlemen,

I am new to the area and came across this thread and your plans to do Moab. My last jaunt there was eventful but too short and I was wondering if you all would be willing to take on another fellow traveler? For credentials, 3 weeks ago I drove Tin Cup Pass all the way over. I must say there were some hairy moments but no real threats there. Moab included Onion Creek all the way back to the Kokopelli Trail head and also Gemini Bridges.

The FJ is stock with 17s, no other lift. I do not have a winch (yet). Maybe Santa will find an extra for my stocking this year.

No hard feelings if the answer is no. You guys all seem to be veterans of this.

I appreciate the consideration.

Tom.

#47 ·
When are you driving out from NY or have you already ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.