Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Was that you?

190K views 1K replies 201 participants last post by  b_minus 
#1 · (Edited)
So often, I see other FJs around town, and I'm always curious whether or not it's someone I know from the forum (or maybe someone new in town - or new to the FJ community in general).

So, I figured it might be cool to have a thread where we can check in, post a few details about someone we saw out there, and see if they respond.

Of course, it's a long-shot and all that, but ya never know.

I don't have a specific FJ in mind right now, but even today, just going to Longmont (and up to Lefthand for a trail run with another local FJ), we saw at least a few others around town.

Was that you?

#3 ·
Saw a Blue FJ lifted with 305 tires in the Level 1 parking garage at Winter Park on Saturday.

We were the brick (stock) FJ in the same area.

Was this anybody from this forum?

By the way, nice setup.

#4 ·
Hey guys and gals if you see us on the weekends around 225, 1-70 area and the driver doesn't wave, it's our daughter driving and she can't wave. She is on her permit. :) We see quite a few BD and TiMets.

We are in the VooDoo, lifted, front bumper. :wave:

#5 ·
Great idea! I saw a lifted Ti Metallic on a set of MTs today on the Boulder Longmont Diagonal, while driving my Ti (still on my winter ATs). Dude, you gotta wave back!

#6 ·
...Dude, you gotta wave back!
Ya, I've never really understood that, but I suppose it's possible they have some legitimate reason for ignoring us.

Perhaps they genuinely don't notice....I don't know.
At any rate, I guess I'd rather have them driving properly and all that, but it sure is dissapointing sometimes. :)

#109 ·
We just haven't crossed paths yet. I wave at all the FJ's. :wave: Yes I'm in Aurora.

My wife thinks I am nuts:rofl:

#8 ·
Typically, when I see a bone-stock FJ, especially if the driver looks like a CU student (not that there's anything wrong with that!) I don't expect a wave-back and rarely get one. But when I wave at a lifted FJ with a winch bumper and skids and get nothing in return but a quizzical stare, you gotta wonder.
I remember how cool it was being at the Summit last summer and having 99 out of 100 FJs wave back. I told my wife "don't get used to this". The next weekend we were at our place off Hwy 14 in the Poudre Canyon and I was bolting on my Summit badge; within the space of 10 minutes, three different FJs drove by and honked. There IS hope!

#1,160 ·
Typically, when I see a bone-stock FJ, especially if the driver looks like a CU student (not that there's anything wrong with that!) I don't expect a wave-back and rarely get one. But when I wave at a lifted FJ with a winch bumper and skids and get nothing in return but a quizzical stare, you gotta wonder.
I go to CU! :lol: I'm not one of those hippies though. I have a lifted FJ, winch bumper, full skids, and I shoot my guns as often as I can. I'm one of the few Republican/Conservative fish in a very Liberal pond haha. I'll wave every time!

#9 ·
I see Sky all the time on I-70... try waiving to...but no luck :rofl:

I've also been seeing a heavily modded silver fj on I-70 on numerous occasions.

#11 ·
Got a wave this morning out on Quincy east of Gun Club on my way into work. Only the second time someone has ever waved back, I was excited.

#12 ·
Yeah I rolled up to a light at 52 and 25 and got honked at by a silver TI... rolled down the window and had a quick red light chat. Your wife looked embarrased..lol I went out and upgraded my horn that day so now I can honk back!!! I see so many FJ's if I honked and waved at everyone Id be exhausted. I saw 4 other sunfusions within 2 hours the other day. Counted 9 from broomfield to longmont in a single drive.

Saw one dubbed the "Evil FJ" just the other day.

#17 ·
...I see so many FJ's if I honked and waved at everyone Id be exhausted. I saw 4 other sunfusions within 2 hours the other day. Counted 9 from broomfield to longmont in a single drive...
...My conclusion is that a lot of people don't care AND don't notice. Similar to my description of Boulder: "It's not a community, it's 100,000 special interest groups of one".
Even though my earlier comments may have sounded a bit disparaging (sp?) about non-wavers, I'd have to agree with the sentiment here.

I'm usually the first to complain about not getting a :wave:-back when I :wave: at other FJs, but I guess that's a little self-centered of me (sorry).

I certainly don't have an attitude that they are somehow supposed to :wave:-back, like it's an obligation. That'd be too creepy.

It's just dissapointing is all, and that's all on me.

So, no hard feelings to the non-wavers out there.
Whatever you're doing in your FJ is up to you, and just simply seeing you on the road brightens my day. :)

I really only meant this thread to be for FJers to try to contact others that they see out-n-about.

#13 ·
On the way home from work in Aurora i went by a Vodoo with the rear driver bumper was indented. I think it was a lady driving. I do also see a few FJs rolling around but have found out the wave thing just don't work like it did with my Jeep. Maybe Toyota should put it in there brochure... "The FJ wave" I know that Jeep did that but there tradition goes way back. But it has to start somewhere so wave back damit.

#14 ·
Back in the day ( like in high school) I had 2 TR-3s (being classic Brit cars, I couldn't count on one to get me to school, so I had two - and a hanger queen), at any rate, driving my Triumph around, ANY Brit car; Austin, Triumph, MG , etc., would wave or flash lights. I knew the first name of a couple of dozen owners in Orange County in the late 60's.
Fast forward to now. My wife has a Mini and waves/flashes every Mini she sees. She has maybe a 10% "return rate"; which is about what I get with my FJ.
My conclusion is that a lot of people don't care AND don't notice. Similar to my description of Boulder: "It's not a community, it's 100,000 special interest groups of one".

#18 ·
Forget the waves, my cell phone rings when i see a sand colored FJ in my area .........
Steven i seen the Voodoo Blue real estate FJ again yesterday. Are they on here?

#19 ·
HAHAHA:lol::rofl:
Ya, like when I see a big pickup truck going the other way with its horn blasting and girls waving....I've figured out by now that it's not about me....well, it is, but not like that. :lol: (say hi to the ladies)

Once I finally have a CB (sometime this spring), we can save on mobile phone minutes. ;)

realestateVoodooBlue... I gave them a forum invite card about 6 months ago, but have never seen em on here. Also, they have no intention of off-roading from what I recall of our conversation. Still, it's nice to see that rig around town once in a while.

#20 ·
I definately see RedCreeper's fj alot too as when Im not living in boulder im in Firestone.

We should figure out a special switch for the rearview mirror lights to wink when we see another Fj.

#24 ·
And don't get me wrong I'm not THAT bitter about non-wavers...just nice when someone does wave back!

#29 ·
I saw Kenny once in Longmont, I think I was you before you knew it was me.

We live near DU and drive University area most of the time. Looks like one of the DU students has a lifted Voodoo Blue rig, or that is a worker on the Asbury apartment build.

My snorkel and RTT will be on in a few days, that will stand out a bit, I am guessing.

We are always at the Starbucks on University and Asbury.

#30 ·
I always see that voodoo around DU when I'm driving to class, its a sick ride btw. I've also seen another VB with a demello front bumper by DU, I tried to wave but I don't think you saw me

#31 ·
Met a woman in the parking lot of a WalMart (I think) in Loveland last August. She and her husband had just gotten the TRD white FJ and took it to the Summit like a day later (loved that part!!). I had mine from Ohio and we chatted; really nice. Unfortunately I was heading home from a 2 week stay at my cabin in Estes Park. Maybe I'll see some of you this summer as I'll be out 3 different times, in May, July and August.

#32 ·
let us know when you're out!

#33 ·
Will do. The May trip will be a whirlwind tour but July/August I'll have more time. I'll try to remember to let you know.
Thanks.

#34 ·
I saw an all voodoo blue getting on to west bound I-70 from el rancho... it looked awesome!

#35 ·
this would be a great sticky...
Oops....wrong thread.....sorry :worried:

This morning, on my way to work, I saw two FJs in a row. I think one was Brick and the other Eggplant, but they may have both been the same.

I saw them heading East on 52 just past the crest of the ridge of the North flank of Gun Barrel Hill, going down the hill toward 75th and 287.

Was that you?

#36 ·
how do you quote from another thread?

#38 ·
Click the quote button.
When the quoted text shows up, copy it.
Go to another thread.
Reply in there and paste the copied text into that reply......modify it to your liking of course.

Again, sorry.....it was hard to resist. ;)

#37 ·
Doh!
I almost forgot....among all of the other FJs I see from day to day, this morning, I saw a badass looking Titanium on 52. The driver saw me waving.
MAN! what a great lookin rig. I don't know exactly what mods it had, but it was quite a way beyond stock.

Was that you?

#41 ·
I've seen another built Titanium around Boulder, from time to time, I think it has a FabFours bumper (like mine). I've had friends tell me they "saw my car" someplace I wasn't.

#44 ·
this might be Don aka Tisilverfj... he has a front four like both of ours and heavily modded. He lives in Broomfield and works at Flat Irons..

#42 ·
I see a TRD SE on Hwy 14 drive past my place in the Poudre Canyon almost every weekend. Forum member?

#47 ·
I thought it was active enough to leave where it was ... but that's my opinion...I can unsticky it just as easily..let me know..:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.