Camping new Glenwood Springs? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Colorado
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Colorado This is a forum for Colorado events, get togethers, and happenings.

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 25536
Camping new Glenwood Springs?

do you guys know any good spots to camp new Glenwood Springs, i would like to go this weekend to the Hanging lake and the hot springs so something within 30 min would be great.
thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Re: Camping new Glenwood Springs?

i was looking at traildamage.com and i found few trails with camping sites:
TrailDamage.com - Transfer Trail
TrailDamage.com - Coffee Pot Road
TrailDamage.com - Grizzly Jeep Trail
TrailDamage.com - White Owl Lake
they all seem to be close to each other and to glenwood springs and hanging lake.
has anybody been there bofore? have you camped? do you guys think there will be a lot of snow up there?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Member Number: 26428
Send a message via AIM to horsemnjoe

Just a thought, How far a drive are you from Ouray, Colorado where the summit will be held? so much more to see and do there and its not as commercial
Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Quote:
horsemnjoe previously said: View Post
Just a thought, How far a drive are you from Ouray, Colorado where the summit will be held? so much more to see and do there and its not as commercial
well i'm in denver, so 5-6 hrs, i'll be going to ouray not during the summit though. it is much better but i thought it was too cold now to go there and i only have 2 days so i don't want to go too far from denver, and the wife has been wanting to go to the hot springs for a while, this way she can get her springs i get my camping and hiking also.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Master

Member Number: 1361

Check out Sylvan Lake (near Eagle)

Sylvan Lake State Park - Colorado State Parks

Have you hiked up to Hanging Lake before? It's a strenuous hike but well worth the effort...
Old 05-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Member Number: 26428
Send a message via AIM to horsemnjoe

yeah with that limited time Glenwood is a good choice. The hot springs are great. Eagle and Glenwood are the places I first came to. It was my first introduction to Colorado. You are right Ouray is a bit far.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Quote:
FJR Colorado previously said: View Post
Check out Sylvan Lake (near Eagle)

Sylvan Lake State Park - Colorado State Parks

Have you hiked up to Hanging Lake before? It's a strenuous hike but well worth the effort...
yah i did it twice, i'm not real athletic so it takes me a while to get up there but it is amazing at the top.
i haven't been to sylvan lake so i'll look into it, thanks.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Catalyst

Member Number: 18664
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member
Question Re: Camping new Glenwood Springs?

We might be in Glenwood Springs sometime this weekend too. Soe friends from WI are coming in town, and we might take them to Hanging Lake (one of our favorite little spots - along with Glenwood Canyon Brewpub ).

Do you know which day you're gonna hike to HL? My end isn't solid at all, but if at all possible, it might be neat to meet up there.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Quote:
ocr14a previously said: View Post
We might be in Glenwood Springs sometime this weekend too. Soe friends from WI are coming in town, and we might take them to Hanging Lake (one of our favorite little spots - along with Glenwood Canyon Brewpub ).

Do you know which day you're gonna hike to HL? My end isn't solid at all, but if at all possible, it might be neat to meet up there.
the plan is to leave friday after noon, camp there for two nights and come back on sunday, the wife really wants to hit the hot springs so i'm thinking may be hanging lake saturday morning and then go to the hot springs after that, however me and my friend both have little kids so we need to make sure that it won't be too cold where we're going to camp first, so we're not 100% sure either, but i'll let you know as the week goes on, it would be cool to get together. are you going to be doing any wheeling up there?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Catalyst

Member Number: 18664
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Abu Layla previously said: View Post
the plan is to leave friday after noon, camp there for two nights and come back on sunday, the wife really wants to hit the hot springs so i'm thinking may be hanging lake saturday morning and then go to the hot springs after that, however me and my friend both have little kids so we need to make sure that it won't be too cold where we're going to camp first, so we're not 100% sure either, but i'll let you know as the week goes on, it would be cool to get together. are you going to be doing any wheeling up there?
Probably no wheeling in that area for us this time around, but we might take them to see the Dotsero volcano....you might want to check it out as well (I'll send more info via PM if you want).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Colorado

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.