Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Ultimate Edition - What did you pay?

5K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  i12c 
#1 ·
Hello, I am interested in purchasing a FJ Cruiser Ultimate Trails Team Edition and I would like to know how much you all paid out-the-door. A local dealer is quoting me $38,750 out the door (eprice of $35,800 plus fees ~$475 and tax)

#4 · (Edited)
#6 · (Edited)
The discount was $2,089 actually off the sticker, the sticker was $39,916 but there was a second smaller amended side sticker with Clear paint protection door package $199, window tint $299 bringing the price up to $40,414 I paid $38,325 with no dealer or administrative fees.

My only other cost were sales tax of the difference on my trade $675 and $122 to do tag and registration, there was also a $6.50 tire and battery fee

Southeast Toyota bace price for a TTUE is $38,370 that includes a $915 delivery processing and handling fee.

There was a total of $2,044 in port installed and dealer installed options plus about $300 in free stuff on my truck.
Drop hitch receiver, all weather mats, and Toyota guard elite. Amended options, clear paint protection doors, window tint. Free stuff, TRD oil cap, TRD air filter, rear all weather cargo mat.

Reactions: smoking_rubber
#8 ·
$750 below invoice. Special order 6MT w/ TRD exhaust, TRD quickshift, hitch and armrest.

I don't know where you are, but make sure you shop outside of your local market. Prices are all over the place and you may be able to score a much better deal if you're willing to travel a bit.

#9 · (Edited)
Close to $40K for a underwhelming edition TT. I agree with the above, buy a base model or used and take the savings to invest in mods.

#11 ·
If you have to have new that sounds about right. Like others have said though used is a better deal. You are likely going to get a mod bug way sooner than later and at every corner you are going to be concerned about voiding your warranty (a good concern).

If you buy the extended warranty you will even delay any suspension mods longer because any lift a dealer can put you in a bind with the dealer claiming one thing led to the next thing which led to the next thing breaking.

You can do lots of visual stuff like bumpers and racks and lights but big tires and lift is risky. Even armor they can charge you for warranty work if they have to remove it to do basic work.

Example, I read here once a dealer denied repairing the known seat cover wear through on driver side. Why? Because it was lifted and they said jumping up into the truck was putting extra wear and tear on it. Seriously?

#12 ·
That warranty part isn't always true. I bought an extended service plan when I bought my 2011 used in 2012. New suspension was one of the first things I did. I had a squeaky ball joint on the lower control arm (stock) that was driving me nuts. Had the shop check with the service contract company and they approved the claim to replace the lower control arm. Just depends on which one you get. The documentation usually explains what they exclude. They shouldn't be able to deny a claim unless it can be proven that a mod caused the failure.

#13 ·
Bought mine used (2,000 miles) from a personal sale, paid $38,200 after tax. I waited too late in the year, and there were only 6 left in all of the gulf region states at dealerships. No one would budge from sticker of $38k-$39k.

They were quick to offer me cement gray for around $32k plus fees, around 2k under sticker. I didn't even ask. They seemed highly motivated to get the last ones off the lot.

As for haters, I love the Heritage Blue, and it was worth the money to me to get the rare factory color. It will depreciate slightly less as long as I keep it in good shape.

#14 ·
Bought mine used (2,000 miles) from a personal sale, paid $38,200 after tax. I waited too late in the year, and there were only 6 left in all of the gulf region states at dealerships. No one would budge from sticker of $38k-$39k.

They were quick to offer me cement gray for around $32k plus fees, around 2k under sticker. I didn't even ask. They seemed highly motivated to get the last ones off the lot.

As for haters, I love the Heritage Blue, and it was worth the money to me to get the rare factory color. It will depreciate slightly less as long as I keep it in good shape.

The TTUE is nice looking in person no doubt. I see 3 of them cruising around town here all of a sudden.

#18 ·
Costco pricing is 2% above invoice so its $36215 NOT $32500+$5000 = $37500 not sure if there is a TTUE at that price point. Invoice on a TTUE is around $35500 with a MSRP around $39000. throw is reserve and dealer hold back and there may be an extra $1000 to negotiate with a hungry STUPID dealer.

There should be a rule that if people are going to say they paid this amount a picture should be posted of said such deal. My 2 cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.