2014 Purchase Price Opinions? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2014 Purchase Price Opinions?

Considering a one owner 2014 White FJ with Off Road (Locking diff/Crawl etc) and Convenience package, Steelie Wheels, No rack or tow bar. 57k miles, mostly highway, little to no off road use but bumpers have some rubs on the corners, one door ding, little to no surface rust underneath, interior good.

Still has the original tires which need immediate replacement, after tire and a possible takeoff OEM rack cost would be somewhere between 30k to 31K. Not sure, seems top dollar. Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:01 PM
pop
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Re: 2014 Purchase Price Opinions?

Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one. Some are full of schit, some not. If you like and can afford it and you think it is a good deal : Get it.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:00 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

The only ones with Crawl AND the convenience package are Trail Teams Editions (or whatever the TT was called in '14). Example: your truck came with Crawl Control OR a 110 power port in the rear. Only TT came with both, and if yours is factory white it's not a TT.

That being said... with bald tires and no mods ... It's worth around 27k
BOBTAILFJ likes this.

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black
AT 4x4 w/ CRAWL. Kenwood eXcelon HU w/German Maestro Sound "Life is a beach"

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered." George Best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)

I'd look elsewhere at that price.
BOBTAILFJ likes this.

What size tires will fit on my FJ?

2016 North America Off Road Events

The owner's manual for your FJ is right here. <--- This is a link. Many answers to your questions are contained within.

See the relationship between highway speed and MPG here.

TLCA 5301
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Def not a TT but it does have both the Off-Road and Convenience Pkg, I'm looking at the window sticker. I've seen the FJ once but don't recall if it has the converter in the back. Thanks, the 27k number seems more accurate.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage

Posted today on Facebook, Cincinnati Ohio
37 mins
$38,800
For anyone in the Cincinnati Ohio area, there's a 2014 fj cruiser with only 7k miles! At my local Toyota dealer.
Automatic

I have a 2010, loaded and paid $21,500 in New Mexico with 110K miles November last year. Excellent condition for sure.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
sage1 previously said: View Post
Def not a TT but it does have both the Off-Road and Convenience Pkg, I'm looking at the window sticker. I've seen the FJ once but don't recall if it has the converter in the back. Thanks, the 27k number seems more accurate.
The dock sticker when it was brand new? I'm just telling you that ONLY the TT combined the convenience package AND the upgraded 4x4 package.

The base models (white roof version) got one package or the other. Crawl control was part of the 4x4 package, and the convenience package had the 7 speaker JBL system (with subwoofer) and a 110 power port in the rear. Only the TTs got Crawl and a stock subwoofer.

I personally believe the Base w/ 4x4 package is better than a Base w/ convenience package. It would be more valuable to me. I have the Base model with the upgraded 4x4 package. I added an aftermarket stereo system that far out-performs the JBL system.

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black
AT 4x4 w/ CRAWL. Kenwood eXcelon HU w/German Maestro Sound "Life is a beach"

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered." George Best
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Get VIN and do Both Car Fax and AutoCheck if you're seriously interested, one often picks up issues the other doesn't. Even before that expense, use VIN to check ANY Toyota dealer data base for service and warranty history, including recalls. With such low mileage and at Toyo dealer, should carry certified pre owned warranty? Be a tough negotiator, new tires 4-5 are worth 2K and would not let them pick the tires. You should research and pick your own.

busterfuzz
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Garage

I'd look at other roof racks before going the OEM route, unless you just like the look and can get one for almost free that someone wants to unload. Personally, to go to the trouble of jacking with putting on a new rack, I'd want something more useful than the OEM. If I wasn't afraid of completely jacking things up, I'd take mine off and go with something else.

Negotiate with them, let it get close to end of month, and use the tires, etc as a negotiation point for more cash off. Is this a private sale (I know we are in the dealer negotiations subforum, but making sure). How many owners? You can check maintenance done at any dealer, etc at toyota.com/owners with the VIN. They should also have a carfax available if it is a dealer. Where is the FJ located, etc?

All these things make a difference, in my opinion. A 1 owner, purchase from that person, and good clean history, would be worth more to me than 1 sitting on a lot somewhere that had multiple owners.

2007 Titanium FJ Cruiser
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
smoking_rubber previously said: View Post
The dock sticker when it was brand new? I'm just telling you that ONLY the TT combined the convenience package AND the upgraded 4x4 package.

The base models (white roof version) got one package or the other. Crawl control was part of the 4x4 package, and the convenience package had the 7 speaker JBL system (with subwoofer) and a 110 power port in the rear. Only the TTs got Crawl and a stock subwoofer.
The '14 Trail Team does not have a stock subwoofer.

Bone stock 2014 FJ TTUE

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.