Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Forum Master
 
sweptwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Quote:
Diode Dynamics previously said: View Post
The only downside about amber is that it's not offered in a 921-size, so you'd have to select our (92 lumen) HP5's.

Our white 921 options (HP36, XP50) produce 210 lumens and 410 lumens respectively.

However, an amber HP5 would be a nice cosmetic touch if you aren't concerned about usable output. (The factory lens does a poor job with output regardless)

Nick C.
Okie Dokie, so the 921 (HP36, XP50) is what I needed to know for the mirror bulbs. Forward I go in search of....


My Build Thread - The Boontoolies

sweptwingnut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Forum Master
 
sweptwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Order 11239935 placed. Looking forward to it.
Diode Dynamics likes this.


My Build Thread - The Boontoolies

sweptwingnut is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Quote:
sweptwingnut previously said: View Post
Okie Dokie, so the 921 (HP36, XP50) is what I needed to know for the mirror bulbs. Forward I go in search of....
Keep us posted




Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
 
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:17 AM
Forum Master
 
sweptwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Quote:
Diode Dynamics previously said: View Post
Keep us posted




Nick C.
Ugh.....YGBSM....

Please update the listing on your website so that we know what to order.

And please update my order 11239935 to reflect a pair of 194 HP3 instead of the incorrect pair of 921 H36's.


My Build Thread - The Boontoolies

sweptwingnut is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Quote:
sweptwingnut previously said: View Post
Ugh.....YGBSM....

Please update the listing on your website so that we know what to order.

And please update my order 11239935 to reflect a pair of 194 HP3 instead of the incorrect pair of 921 H36's.
The HP36's were installed in the video and will fit perfectly (194 and 921 use the same base size)

I apologize for the confusion

We are still updating the FJ Cruiser listing to include more fitment information as well

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Forum Master
 
sweptwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Ok. Well, the 194 HP3 is about the brightness I am looking for judging from the photos. In one of your messages after I placed the order I understood you to say the HP36 was going to be very bright and recommended the 194 bulb. So if you would please update my order to reflect the 194 HP3 and NOT the HP36 I would greatly appreciate it.


My Build Thread - The Boontoolies

sweptwingnut is offline  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Quote:
sweptwingnut previously said: View Post
Ok. Well, the 194 HP3 is about the brightness I am looking for judging from the photos. In one of your messages after I placed the order I understood you to say the HP36 was going to be very bright and recommended the 194 bulb. So if you would please update my order to reflect the 194 HP3 and NOT the HP36 I would greatly appreciate it.
The HP36 is the recommended model, and was installed in the installation video

If you wish to exchange your order, please contact us directly

Thanks,
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Forum Master
 
sweptwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Ugh.

What a mess for a simple mirror bulb. I was not looking for "significantly" brighter in the mirrors. I appreciated the recommendation for the HP3 bulb as slightly brighter than stock in the photo comparisons and I believe it will be much whiter regardless. I also appreciated the apology and message that you will get me taken care of when you learned I was placing this order from outside the country and could not call. I also appreciated your January post regarding mirror bulbs for the FJ even in the absence of the DD website listing said bulbs or videos 6 months later.

At this stage I no longer know what I am getting for the mirrors but go ahead and just send me whatever you "think" I want. I am apparently happy to pay for it. You will most certainly be getting a call when I hit the states in a few days.

Posting from Shanghai.


My Build Thread - The Boontoolies

sweptwingnut is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Quote:
sweptwingnut previously said: View Post
Ugh.

What a mess for a simple mirror bulb. I was not looking for "significantly" brighter in the mirrors. I appreciated the recommendation for the HP3 bulb as slightly brighter than stock in the photo comparisons and I believe it will be much whiter regardless. I also appreciated the apology and message that you will get me taken care of when you learned I was placing this order from outside the country and could not call. I also appreciated your January post regarding mirror bulbs for the FJ even in the absence of the DD website listing said bulbs or videos 6 months later.

At this stage I no longer know what I am getting for the mirrors but go ahead and just send me whatever you "think" I want. I am apparently happy to pay for it. You will most certainly be getting a call when I hit the states in a few days.

Posting from Shanghai.
We can easily exchange the HP36's for a set HP3 or HP5 when you are stateside and refund you for the difference. We don't charge a restocking fee for exchanges either.

Again, I apologize for the confusion, but enjoy your trip and give us a call when you return.

Thanks,
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Some more exciting new things happening at Diode! We have recently invested in a state-of-the-art ROMER coordinate measuring machine and 3D printer, allowing us to bring new products to market quicker than ever before. Check out the link to our recent blog post below for the full write-up!

Automotive Lighting Designer Ramps Up Manufacturing at St. Louis Facility | Diode Blog

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Supporting Vendors > Diode Dynamics

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome