Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Climate control knobs - thoughts?

50K views 271 replies 87 participants last post by  FJoel 
#1 ·
I've had a few more requests for climate control knobs lately, and now I'm wondering how they would look in my black diamond in black stealth!

Any one else interested? If I can make even just the one batch of them I'll be happy and scoop a few for me. :D

Once I'm caught up, I'll spend some time modeling them and we will see how it turns out!

As always, to suit the FJ, they will be clean and slightly chunky!

:cheers:

#7 ·
This should be much easier to do. Trying to mill dots on the round e-brake was going to be a major hurdle with the equipment I've got.

I'm interested. I would like to see what they look like and a price for them! Almost PM'd you a couple months back about these after I got your awesome knobs!
I am also very interested! You'd have to do something uncharacteristic of yourself at this point for me to not buy them. :cheers:
I'm interested!
Thanks guys.

銀チタン;2116305 said:
How much additional horsepower can I expect?
Chris, I've already got them scheduled for the dyno. Should compete with the TRD supercharger for gains, but you have to turn all the knobs to "11."

:lol:

#4 ·
I am also very interested! You'd have to do something uncharacteristic of yourself at this point for me to not buy them. :cheers:

#5 ·
I'm interested!

#18 ·
I'm in for some black stealth ones :cheers:

#21 ·
I might be interested depending on the design and color options.

#24 · (Edited)
I REALLY have been looking for ROUND ones.... That would be sweet. something different than the normal paddle ones

Maybe with chunky grip and in black!

kind of cool (Roush version for Mustangs)

Then I wouldnt have to always aim them all at the 10 o'clock position so they all match.... yeah I am OCD

#25 ·
^^. Do you position all tires so the valve stems are in the same respective location?

If not, better get to it.

#26 ·
銀チタン;2138492 said:
^^. Do you position all tires so the valve stems are in the same respective location?

If not, better get to it.
Ha, no...but...

I do position the center caps in relation to the valve stems.... :lol:

I also buckle all the rear seat belts, and my armrests have to match... I know. crazy

#27 ·
Here's a project then.

Re arrange the voltage and temperature gauges so that they're at the same relative angle at normal operational parameters.

Hahaha.

#28 ·
Joel,

The answer is probably "No", but is it possible to remove the existing knobs and then replace them with yours instead of overlaying them? Might be more difficult to design and a bit harder install, but would make the knobs less bulky. I am assuming here you were just going to overlay the existing knobs, not replace them.

And I agree with others, the knob must be lighted like the OEM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.