What is your SHTF plan? - Page 6 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Emergency Preparedness This forum is for discussions of emergency preparedness, including wilderness first aid and survival, emergency communication, search and rescue operations, natural disasters and general self-sufficiency.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What is your SHTF plan?

I have provisions for at least a month, so I will be hunkering down for that duration attempting to be invisible to the zombies around D.C. My weaker neighbors that I know are good people will receive my protection. The illegals and haughty liberals I will gladly let rot when their precious unfortunates break in their houses looking for food and valuables. After they(zombies) feast on them, (the liberals), I will take out the trash. I WILL be Judge, Jury and Executioner!

<==< My mac n' cheese! In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
I would rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Supporting Member

Quote:
Helmut_S previously said: View Post
go to the nearest deep-blue area (Seattle in my case) with your friends, shoot one or two of the local liberal enablers, threaten the others, take up residence in one of their fancy houses, convert neighborhood into your fiefdom, make them work for your living, just like in the Middle Ages...
That is absolutely awesome, !!!

As for me and my family, we will be in Idaho, where we will hold down the fort for all the other FJ owners that are not of the liberal mindset to join us.
#53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oklahoma bred, and Hank summed it up the best. "and we can skin a buck, and run a trot line, and a country boy can survive." Lived off the land most my life. I'll be right at home when SHTF, y'all are more than welcome to stop on by for coffee, I'll have that too. Probably power in numbers to some extent, but preparation and common sense will win the day when it comes. Just pray your ready. :

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
#54 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 11:21 PM
"I've got more hair and I'm sexier than Old Cruiser"

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Garage

I've got a shotgun, rifle, and a 4wheel drive.....
#55 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a cabin in the mountains. 1100 gal fresh water tank. Lots of lead and food. Should be able to make it for a few months.

2008 Tan FJ Cruiser

"Be Happy Here or Be Happy Somewhere Else"
#56 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Quote:
Swell-Daddy previously said: View Post
I have a cabin in the mountains. 1100 gal fresh water tank. Lots of lead and food. Should be able to make it for a few months.
Simaliar plan here I just worry about getting to it. Not too far away but if the fJ won't go the Honda 4x4 4trax will
#57 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 192 Post(s)

Turning Cell Phones Into Survival Tools [infographic]

"They are the best at what they do, and they specialize in the ridiculous."
#58 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
"I've got more hair and I'm sexier than Old Cruiser"

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Garage

That's a neat write up on the phone. I read one awhile back but it didn't have graphics to show what they were talking about. There is a video out that has some of this on it too. I don't remember if it was on youtube though.
#59 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Luckily I have a wife that can shoot the ass out of a gnat and knows how to field dress game. We have enough supplies to shelter in place for several weeks/months. I am in the Army NG, so if the **** hits the fan and I cannot be around when she bugs out, s/w radiors and pre-planned worst case scenario locations are where I know I can find her and the dogs. We have several locations to bug out too and plenty of food/ammo/supplies to make it work.
#60 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Catalyst

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Thumbs up Re: What is your SHTF plan?

Quote:
ISCRMAN previously said: View Post
...After they(zombies) feast on them, (the liberals)...
Quote:
BoiseFJ previously said: View Post
...we will hold down the fort for all the other FJ owners that are not of the liberal mindset to join us.

It's always amusing to hear how so many people get all crazy when it comes to talking about 'liberals' in these kinds of situations.

WTF does being a liberal have to do with it?

I know plenty of 'liberals' who are extremely educated, trained and experienced in self-defense/preservation/survival and massively prepared (probably more than you) for the SHTF event when it comes (because, it will come; just a matter of time), but the one thing they lack (relative to you) is a secret code word for the front door of their fortress that only liberals will know.

They are so settled in life, and so vastly OK with who they are, as well as compassionate for other people, that they will even let this long-haired country boy on their compound.

So long as I bring a humble attitude (still working on that, as it is clearly a life-long journey ), loyalty, generosity, and a willingness to 'put it all in' (whatever I have to offer; whether in supplies, services, connections, skills, knowledge, experience, whatever) for the sake of the community, they will welcome and treat me as one of their own.

Quote:
UTEFJ previously said: View Post
Luckily I have a wife that can shoot the ass out of a gnat and knows how to field dress game. We have enough supplies to shelter in place for several weeks/months. I am in the Army NG, so if the **** hits the fan and I cannot be around when she bugs out, s/w radiors and pre-planned worst case scenario locations are where I know I can find her and the dogs. We have several locations to bug out too and plenty of food/ammo/supplies to make it work.
Another good point ^^^^ that I keep forgetting about..... it's good to have preparations for 'bugging in' and 'bugging out', but now you've reminded me to work on a plan for communication with family 'outside of normal conditions', and planned-out meeting places, in case we get split up (like if it happens when I'm at work, and my wife is at home, or elsewhere, or whatever, and neither of us can get to home for whatever reason). Thanks

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Emergency Preparedness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.