What is your SHTF plan? - Page 6 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Emergency Preparedness This forum is for discussions of emergency preparedness, including wilderness first aid and survival, emergency communication, search and rescue operations, natural disasters and general self-sufficiency.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 170 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
I have a V8!!

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5393 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What is your SHTF plan?

That's a neat write up on the phone. I read one awhile back but it didn't have graphics to show what they were talking about. There is a video out that has some of this on it too. I don't remember if it was on youtube though.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 170 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Luckily I have a wife that can shoot the ass out of a gnat and knows how to field dress game. We have enough supplies to shelter in place for several weeks/months. I am in the Army NG, so if the **** hits the fan and I cannot be around when she bugs out, s/w radiors and pre-planned worst case scenario locations are where I know I can find her and the dogs. We have several locations to bug out too and plenty of food/ammo/supplies to make it work.
post #53 of 170 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Catalyst

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Thumbs up Re: What is your SHTF plan?

Quote:
ISCRMAN previously said: View Post
...After they(zombies) feast on them, (the liberals)...
Quote:
BoiseFJ previously said: View Post
...we will hold down the fort for all the other FJ owners that are not of the liberal mindset to join us.

It's always amusing to hear how so many people get all crazy when it comes to talking about 'liberals' in these kinds of situations.

WTF does being a liberal have to do with it?

I know plenty of 'liberals' who are extremely educated, trained and experienced in self-defense/preservation/survival and massively prepared (probably more than you) for the SHTF event when it comes (because, it will come; just a matter of time), but the one thing they lack (relative to you) is a secret code word for the front door of their fortress that only liberals will know.

They are so settled in life, and so vastly OK with who they are, as well as compassionate for other people, that they will even let this long-haired country boy on their compound.

So long as I bring a humble attitude (still working on that, as it is clearly a life-long journey ), loyalty, generosity, and a willingness to 'put it all in' (whatever I have to offer; whether in supplies, services, connections, skills, knowledge, experience, whatever) for the sake of the community, they will welcome and treat me as one of their own.

Quote:
UTEFJ previously said: View Post
Luckily I have a wife that can shoot the ass out of a gnat and knows how to field dress game. We have enough supplies to shelter in place for several weeks/months. I am in the Army NG, so if the **** hits the fan and I cannot be around when she bugs out, s/w radiors and pre-planned worst case scenario locations are where I know I can find her and the dogs. We have several locations to bug out too and plenty of food/ammo/supplies to make it work.
Another good point ^^^^ that I keep forgetting about..... it's good to have preparations for 'bugging in' and 'bugging out', but now you've reminded me to work on a plan for communication with family 'outside of normal conditions', and planned-out meeting places, in case we get split up (like if it happens when I'm at work, and my wife is at home, or elsewhere, or whatever, and neither of us can get to home for whatever reason). Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 170 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I have a V8!!

Garage

Quote:
ocr14a previously said: View Post
Another good point ^^^^ that I keep forgetting about..... it's good to have preparations for 'bugging in' and 'bugging out', but now you've reminded me to work on a plan for communication with family 'outside of normal conditions', and planned-out meeting places, in case we get split up (like if it happens when I'm at work, and my wife is at home, or elsewhere, or whatever, and neither of us can get to home for whatever reason). Thanks
That's something that is mentioned a lot in preparedness stuff for disasters or whatever. When families are split up because of work and school they recommend a central meeting place that can be a bus stop, a store, or whatever that members can get to and meet up. Then plans can be made to travel back home or to some other place once everyone is together.

That's also why they recommend that every family member have a small pack with them so that they aren't relying on one pack that's got their supplies in it being stuck somewhere else with another family member. Even if it's just a small fanny pack with a couple of pouches of water, a few protein bars, and some small items. It would be enough to help them get by until they could meet up and/or get to their main supplies. A small stash at work, a BOB in the car, and the main supplies at home or the other location or both.

Depending on what happens, cell phones will probably go down just from being overloaded. CBs, Hams, and maybe the portable radios will probably be the best choices and should work.

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #55 of 170 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)

Comms

Zombies

Water Fuel Grub

And thats what I did made my wife her own 72 hr bag for the 4runner. I work 50+ miles from the house had to make sure she could get here on her own.
post #56 of 170 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 05:39 PM
I have a V8!!

Garage

Umm..............I think your comms setup is broken.

TLCA #9031
post #57 of 170 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Forum Superstar

Lmao off I was hooking it up ran it along bottom of door panel under seats up into the back of the center consol.
post #58 of 170 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

All I did to prepare for when the SHTF is purchase James Wesley-Rawles survival book. Since then I have learned that mobile and non-mobile plans will never work without the back up of one or the other. No defensive position is good enough without some kind of mobility to support, defend or attack! Once people get the idea you have good stuff where your position is, the word will get out!! And do you really think you would have the amount of ammo that the mass of criminals have collected on the way from all the people they kill? The amount of weaponry that have been taken illegally, suck as class 3 firearms? Even demolition explosives are going to get into the wrong hands to make bombs and other Improvised Devices. So do you really plan on making it through all that without at least a mobile option plan B? Once the crap start simmering down, unless you have horses or donkeys that didn't get shot, what are you going to use to transport people and goods once a barter town or market is established? Never commit yourself to only one option. James Rawles explains if there is any options available use them all! Me, I have also learned that giving any info on my plans for SHTF could endanger not only my routes, supply, tactics and family! All I can say is I am keeping my options open! My 2 cents. See ya guys and gals.
post #59 of 170 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Black Hills FJ previously said: View Post
All I did to prepare for when the SHTF is purchase James Wesley-Rawles survival book. Since then I have learned that mobile and non-mobile plans will never work without the back up of one or the other. No defensive position is good enough without some kind of mobility to support, defend or attack! Once people get the idea you have good stuff where your position is, the word will get out!! And do you really think you would have the amount of ammo that the mass of criminals have collected on the way from all the people they kill? The amount of weaponry that have been taken illegally, suck as class 3 firearms? Even demolition explosives are going to get into the wrong hands to make bombs and other Improvised Devices. So do you really plan on making it through all that without at least a mobile option plan B? Once the crap start simmering down, unless you have horses or donkeys that didn't get shot, what are you going to use to transport people and goods once a barter town or market is established? Never commit yourself to only one option. James Rawles explains if there is any options available use them all! Me, I have also learned that giving any info on my plans for SHTF could endanger not only my routes, supply, tactics and family! All I can say is I am keeping my options open! My 2 cents. See ya guys and gals.
I think your absolutely correct! If you are not willing to drop it all and get out of dodge you will die or gets those with you killed. Have to have things planned out and prepared to roll out if need be.
post #60 of 170 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Andy07 previously said: View Post
Comms

Zombies

Water Fuel Grub

And thats what I did made my wife her own 72 hr bag for the 4runner. I work 50+ miles from the house had to make sure she could get here on her own.
Forget the globe man thats a waste!

2011 Quicksand
285 17 Duratracs, Radflo 2.5 system, light racing UCA, "BMC",Metal Tech LCR& OPOR sliders, Ricochet skids, Expedition One bumpers,National Luna battery control, Sears Battery, Superwinch 9.5/AmSteel Blue, Factor 55 prolink, ARB fridge, Piaa 510 fogs, Little TarHeel HF screwdriver, Larsen 2/70 ant., Yaesu FTM400DR, Yaesu Ft897D hf, CB radio. Various odds n ends....

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Emergency Preparedness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.