Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Your EDC bag contents

244K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  Andy07 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats Up guys/gals I traded out my EDC (every day carry) bag today and it got me wondering what others carry. This is not my 72hr/bug out bag which stays in the FJ or on a trip in the vehicle Im going in. My previous bag was a UTG shoulder bag that served me well but I had been on the look out for a small backpack for ease of carry if I ended up walking some distance. I found the current bag at Wally world which is a inexpensive knock off of the 511 tactical bag. The small on I got for twenty bucks there is one double this size for forty bucks would make a good 72hr bag if someone needed. So that being said I just started this for any tips or advice on what people carry in their EDC bags.Thanks for looking let me know what you think I will list contents after pics.:cheers:

The first bag( Versa pack knock off from utg) Traded to tan Field Tactical pack and ended up in the maxpedition falcon 2 which is current bag.

current contents as of 7/22/17

Updates: Current Bag Maxpedition Falcon II see later pages for pics and content list. Thanks for reading suggestions and your bag set up and pics greatly appreciated !!! stay safe out there

Fit perfect with the large center compartment empty beside the safety vest which I'll probably add pair of extra socks underwear maybe tshirt. Dont want to make it any heavier than need be cause I carry it in the truck at work.

As for contents:

Large&Small Led Flashlights
Leather man Wave
Gerber small plyers and sissor tool
Misc Med supplies
Couple Power bars
Fixed blade Gerber
Carhart Gloves
Decent Quality Poncho
Emergency solar blanket
Binoculars
Small AM/FM radio & spare batteries
Iphone Charger
Two way Motorola Radios
Light Sticks -2
Nail Clippers
Fire starter-Lighter / mag block
Couple lengths of 550lb paracord
Safety Vest & Stethoscope (work related)
Mil Spec Springfield 1911 w/couple extra mags:rocker:
Couple Folding Lock blades
Pens/Sharpie marker
Spare timex

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Yes a badass man purse:rofl: I think or guess why people started them was because they either through work or whatever reason get seperated from there bugout bags. I go in to work park the FJ and might end up anywhere on the ambulance and if I needed my bag I'd be screwed. Liketo have a few emergency needs if need be.

#3 ·
I have a GORUCK GR1 for my EDC. Will have to post up its contents later when I have time. Interested to see where this thread goes.

OP are you over on the EDCF forums?

Reactions: Kraemer
#9 ·
I've got a similar bag from Maxpedition that I carry. It has my wallet, phone, Ipod, checkbook, pad, pen, keys that aren't used everyday, tums, a couple of pairs of underwear, prescription meds, Leatherman 2000, glasses, change, my bills as they come in, envelopes and stamps, toothbrush and paste, Snow Peak titanium spoon, fork, knife, and spork along with the break down chop sticks and a p38. If needed I'll add some snacks and a couple of Nalgene bottles of water. I used it to keep my stuff in going from the parking lot to work and just got used to it and have carried one for years.

I'm usually in my truck and have water, BOB, and extra stuff in there. I rarely ride with anyone else, but if I do, I take the bag with me and we are usually just in town.

Reactions: TexasGMG
#12 ·
They put the no guns on company property policy in where I worked and then didn't enforce it when they realized that if they made everyone that carried in their vehicle park off company property it would cause a big problem with 300 vehicles parked on the side of the county road. They also decided that if you had it you should leave it with one of the guards. People pointed out that the guards had no training and were mostly housewives, young kids, or retired older guys and that some of them weren't the brightest bulb in the room so would they really want them having a bunch of guns and ammo available. The main managers and bosses at the plant just overlooked it and left everyone alone and some of them even carried their own in their rigs too.

Reactions: CabinCruiser
#14 ·
Especially when a lot of our workers are ex military from Nam on up. Some were just normal soldiers and some were Rangers, Green Berets, and Marine Recon. A lot are also still in the Guard too. Many of them have been hunters since they were kids. Some compete in silhouette shoots and other target shoots. Some are into the super long range stuff. A lot have CCW permits including several of the women.

Reactions: TALON316
#15 ·
Not to mention correct me if I'm wrong but if your from WY like WV your pretty much taught guns are like tools? I never had a fear of a gun I was taught from as long as I can remember to treat every gun as if it's loaded no matter if you watch someone clear it you check it yourself! Fear and respect two totally different things. Famous guy quote evil triumphs when good men do nothing!

#16 ·
I'm not a WY native, but yes a lot that I know were taught that way. Hunting and or ranching is a way of life and the gun is a tool. I grew up being taught the same way. Respect the gun and treat it as if it was loaded at all times. Don't point it at anything you don't want to kill. We can open carry. We can carry concealed. We can carry concealed with a permit. You don't see it as much as you used to, but when I moved here in the early '80's it wasn't a big deal to see someone walk into a store, bank, etc. with a big old revolver strapped on their side or an auto pistol. The old rifle in the gun rack in the back window too. Now it's ATVs and UTVs with gun scabbards on the rack as you can license them for the street here.

#17 · (Edited)
Same in WV will still have holster law or CWP. I grew up with my grandfather and uncles with a 30.06 in a rack in the pickup truck window. Not seen too much today but not crazy to see. I think we have some big changes coming in this country even if the people dont want to see it. Stay safe out there.

#18 ·
You too.

#19 ·
1) Maxpedition ROCKS!
2) Just had a brainstorm to help organize for different event levels:

Deployment Kit

Level 1 - Daily Personal Inventory
Level 2 - Extended Personal Inventory
Level 3 - Daily Vehicle Inventory
Level 4 - Extended Vehicle Inventory
Level 5 - BUG OUT!

When SHTF you need to hale this already sorted out. Wife dislikes talking about this stuff but she understands. We are both CERT / FEMA / HAM (ARES/RACES) certified. ...but I still get the feeling that the plan is to stuff her someplace safe and then get to work.

#20 ·
Great idea! Be a good way to keep track of your supplies. My wife is the same way I put her together a 72hr backpack that stays in her 4runner. During the winter I modify it a bit with Warmer gear. I keep my BOB in my FJ and the EDC goes with me. I think a big thing is people just need to have a plan. Getting to your family or friends be a whole lot harder if say power,cell phones heck vehicles quit working!

#21 · (Edited)
I have been working on my communications for the FJ a lot (ARES/RACES). Trying to get my airmail station set up as well. That's why I have been trying to get my laptop installed.

A few quick pics of my EDC bag.

#23 ·
Also I've seen people taking a intrest in the para cord survival bracelets I can make these easy and dirt cheap compared to what Ive seen people selling them for! If someone wants one shoot me a PM heck I can mail it to you dont weigh anything. Ive done a couple different styles.

#24 ·
I'm in college and surprised how "fashionable" these have become. Lots of people wear them now because there "cool" not so much for the survival factor.

#26 · (Edited)
I used to have a larger pack that lived at my office, but last year or so I may drive up to 4 different vehicles a week back and forth to work (40 miles round trip) so went with something smaller for EDC, get home bag.

Camelbak Mule with 100oz container. Perfect size for some really basic first aid stuff, granola bar, and miscelanious stuff.

Not trying to turn this into a EDC for weapons, but bag, gun, mags, and knife are the four things that leave with me every morning. (need to make a kydex sheath for Gerber, cause it doesn't fit well anywhere in current configuration.

In the bag itself...
-TP
-couple plastic bags
-gerber multitool
-fork/spoon (sometimes I will have MRE or small can of chile in there)
-work gloves
-wet ones and hand sanitizer
-matches and magnesium firestarter
-extra batteries for flashlight
-poncho
-bottle of iodine
-gauze with some a bunch of bandaids stuffed in the box as well
-sports tape
-sports wrap
-super glue
-aleve and asprin
-bug spray
-water tablets

#32 ·
My pleasure brother that's what I started it for! Knew its easy to forget or couldn't hurt to gets tips from others or what's worked for someone else. Good idea for OFFROAD. Even if you don't feel comfortable leaving it at school and you have a buddy that lives close to school see if you could stash a backpack at their place in a closet. Biggest question to ask yourself is want you want or need to get back to your FJ say if you had to walk it rails shutdown whatever. Hate to always think like this but plan for worse case situation hope for the best case. Stay safe :rocker:

#29 ·
I wish I could carry an EDC bag around. Between the drawers full of gear in the FJ, the USK that is also in the FJ, the gear in my school pack, and my loaded pockets, I simply can't justify a need for carrying a bag. I've tried on many occasions, but it was more of a hassle than anything, and the redundancy was ridiculous. With the set up mentioned above, I pretty much have all my bases covered.

#33 ·
That's cool the fj basically is your EDC! My problem was getting to work and getting pulled away to take a out if town trip can happen any shift. Next thing I know I'm couple hundred miles away with nothing but what's in my pocket. So I put the previous bag I had together then switched to this most recent version. As long as you got your back covered and heck most people never even let this stuff cross their minds! So we are way ahead than most. :cheers:

#30 ·
What do you guys recommend for as modular setup? I am building a GHB that will stay in the fj to get me home from the fj. The pack will be my old army patrol pack I grabbed off ebay

My issue is I am a commuting student, traveling 40mins via public train to school in the city and back. Currently not old enough for my CCW (not that the light rail allows them) and I would like to make a small kit to keep in my school pack. My pack is filled with text books so I don't have much room for a kit. What items do you recommend to get me from school back to my fj and the GHB.

#31 ·
Offroad, one thought might be stashing another dedicated emergency pack at school.
Not sure what your going for,or how many people are in your major, but I'd imagine there is at least one room that maybe only your major uses on a daily basis. Anywhere in there you could leave a cheaper bag with just the necessaties? Keep the pocket knife or multitool, more expensive things on your person. Just some granola bars, water and first aid in a cheap bag wouldn't be that tempting to people. At least I would hope so.

I had a small program of about 50 people. In our shop area, that we only had acess to, we all had lockers (no locks) that we stashed books, tools, clothes, snacks... we all knew each other and never had problems with stealing

#34 ·
Come on guys we've had close to 800 views and three or four bags put up. Let me know what you think or let's see what's been working for you. I recently added a pair of side cutters and tougher pair of gloves for extraction if needed at work. Thanks for looking!

#39 ·
This is the bag and a couple of pouches with a spare battery pouch that I have, only in black, I used the tan photos as they show up better. I use the smaller pouch for earplugs and the larger to keep my wallet, check book, change, tums, and spare checks and register in. AA or AAA batteries for the flashlight and headlamp.

It has my wallet, phone, Ipod, checkbook, pad, pen, keys that aren't used everyday, tums, a couple of pairs of underwear, prescription meds, Leatherman 2000, 2 other Leatherman Tools, pen and pad, glasses, change, my bills as they come in, envelopes and stamps, toothbrush and paste, Snow Peak titanium spoon, fork, knife, and spork along with the break down chop sticks and a p38. Lip balm, neosporin, tums, wet wipes, earplugs, camera, flashlight and batteries. If needed I'll add some snacks and a couple of Nalgene bottles of water. I used it to keep my stuff in going from the parking lot to work and just got used to it and have carried one for years.

This is just an everyday bag or murse of whatever you want to call it. It has stuff I use, need, and can use. I have a lot of stuff in my FJ as I am usually in it or around it so in a sense, it's my true survival bag. I have a survival bag with food and water and other things. Sleeping bag, clothes, blanket, tools, etc too. Several small and one large comprehensive first aid kit and a CPR mask and latex type gloves. If needed I add another pack with more food and water, Camping multi fuel stove, lantern, and fuel bottles. Coleman mini heater. I have a PETT toilet system and tent. An Engel fridge/freezer with water is always in there along with bottles and pouches that are separate.

In the winter I have a bag with thermal underwear, Sorel Boots, wool socks, insulated bibs and parka, gloves, hat, and pro clava. In the summer it's a bag with a rain suit parka and bibs.

I also have stuff for the truck like tools, and recovery gear.

#35 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.