New Dynovalve Product - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Engine Performance
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Engine Performance This forum is for discussion on gas, oil, exhaust and all things engine related.

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 25410
New Dynovalve Product

Heard of this through a friend. im not really sure what to think about it.. its a good concept.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
THE ROCK

Member Number: 8494
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: New Dynovalve Product

Even if it wasn't snake oil, The FJ 4.0 VVT-I motor doesn't have a PCV valve.
It works off of internal pcv

WikidfJ Partially retired
Wikid link
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 45738

That's funny That's exactly what a PCV valve does in the 1st place. It takes the blow by gasses from the crankcase and sends them thru the intake to be burnt. Problem with that (and all PCV's is they're also sending oil fumes and gunk into the intake and eventually gums everything up.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 20033

Quote:
b.buck previously said: View Post
That's funny That's exactly what a PCV valve does in the 1st place. It takes the blow by gasses from the crankcase and sends them thru the intake to be burnt. Problem with that (and all PCV's is they're also sending oil fumes and gunk into the intake and eventually gums everything up.
Oil catch can to fix that, especially if you run a SC. Best to keep those oil fumes and gunk from collecting/coating your intercooler.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 4994

The magic of marketing strikes again!
High Desert Cruisers
Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Master

Member Number: 18683

Quote:
FJTTSE previously said: View Post
Oil catch can to fix that, especially if you run a SC. Best to keep those oil fumes and gunk from collecting/coating your intercooler.
Is anyone using a catch can on their FJ? If so what brand/model? I just cleaned a ton of junk from my TBS. I wonder how much it is could have been caught in a can, and how much got through and sent back into the engine!

I see the CCA can on Amazon and also found Elite Engineering models that appear to be made for Ford and GM muscle cars (but appear to be high quality so would they work on the FJ?).

March '08 Sandstorm 4x4. ICON Stage 6, Bud Built, ARB, EXP ONE, Safari Snorkel, KM2 P-cutters, Dirty Parts....
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 20033

Quote:
awood previously said: View Post
Is anyone using a catch can on their FJ? If so what brand/model? I just cleaned a ton of junk from my TBS. I wonder how much it is could have been caught in a can, and how much got through and sent back into the engine!

I see the CCA can on Amazon and also found Elite Engineering models that appear to be made for Ford and GM muscle cars (but appear to be high quality so would they work on the FJ?).
I'll be installing the one on the right. The 42 on the left has too large inputs(too bad, a REALLY nice can!). The one on the right is popular on the x-runner forums and very good quality. It is made/sold by a forum vendor there. TTC Performance

Old 04-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Master

Member Number: 18683

Quote:
FJTTSE previously said: View Post
I'll be installing the one on the right. The 42 on the left has too large inputs(too bad, a REALLY nice can!). The one on the right is popular on the x-runner forums and very good quality. It is made/sold by a forum vendor there. TTC Performance
Good info there, thanks! Please let us know how it goes! Would love to see some photos of the install.

I'm thinking I want to do this soon. Anyone else running a can? Got photos?

March '08 Sandstorm 4x4. ICON Stage 6, Bud Built, ARB, EXP ONE, Safari Snorkel, KM2 P-cutters, Dirty Parts....
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 4994

A lot of the 80-series Land Cruiser guys on Mud are making home-made ones from air compressor water traps purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.
High Desert Cruisers
Old 04-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 15334

Quote:
1911 previously said: View Post
A lot of the 80-series Land Cruiser guys on Mud are making home-made ones from air compressor water traps purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.
Darn good idea, and since the bowls are typically made of glass you can see how much oil has accumulated and when to drain. I likey...

Has anyone over at Mud installed one on an FJ yet? I'd like to see some examples...
'08 Titanium 4X4; AT; LD; A-Trac; Cobra CB radio & Bandi-mount mini whip; Yaesu FT-7800R HAM radio & Comet SBB7 hatch-mounted 5/8 wave antenna Call Sign: KE5WTX; Toyota extra horn mod; BajaRack Exp roof rack; 295/70/16 Hankook Dynapro MT tires; Factory off-road 16" alloys; OME 884 front coils & N140S shocks, ToyTec Medium rear coils, OME N71E rear shocks; SCUBA breather mod; Steel sway bar collars; Digger upper and lower rear links; Rasta4x4 skids; Metal Tech step sliders & front tube bumper; Hella 500's; Camping Labs RTT Future Mods: Cloaking Device, Disruptors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Engine Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.