Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Exhaust note question

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mlarv 
#1 ·
Howdy all I have a sort of strange question. I bought this exhaust last October since then my wife has complained about the drone when at lower RPMS. I was wondering if I changed the tip would that stop the drone or is it the muffler causing it? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G23JA4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

The other question I found a person willing to change out a stock 2013 exhaust with me. I have a 2007 will they swap out or are they different?

Thanks
Mike

#3 ·
And if you really are contemplating buying the AFE, you should look at the group buy that is going on with dirtydeeds here. He will pretty much make you whatever you need in terms of exhaust note. Read some of his posts. He is very knowledgeable.

#4 ·
The AFE 3" exhaust is loud, it starts off not to bad but it gets louder over time. There are lots of posts easily found talking about this exhuast being loud, changing the tip will do nothing for the sound level. For someone that wants and likes the extra volume it is a good sound especially when hard on the throttle but as a daily driver with family in the vehicle it is too loud and gets irritating. Get rid of it if it is too loud now it only gets louder... Mine has.

#5 ·
Remove the wife from the vehicle problem solved :)

Reactions: gaylonw
#6 ·
There in is a problem. If we don't take my FJ then we have to take her Wrangler. To me the FJ is a far better.

I didn't think the tip would change the tone but I had to ask.

Thanks

Reactions: gaylonw
#8 ·
My wife gets used to it but she reminds me of it way to often. It is easier to just drop it and swap it out with the 2013 and be done with it. I have also been told to turn up the radio and not to worry about it. That didn't work so well either.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.