Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

TRD intake couplers

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Zeus 
#1 ·
Hello my TRD couplers are cracked and dry rotted i want to replace my intake box has a silver lid if anyone can help me get the correct couplers?

#2 · (Edited)
I'm in the same boat. Couplings are 4.12" ID x 3" L and 3.12" ID x 2.9" ID x ??? L. Not sure how long the reducing coupling is, I think 3". Could probably use 4-1/8" and 3-1/8" x 2-7/8" couplings.

Found the part number in another thread, here's the coupler kit for the metal lid CAI: http://trdtoyotaparts.elmoretoyota.com/oe-toyota/ptr0535072

#4 ·
Yeah, I ordered from the link I posted and they emailed me today saying it's been discontinued and canceling my order. I've sent an email to AFE to see if I can get the couplings from them, since AFE built that intake for TRD and still sells it (medal lid style).

#7 ·
Yeah, couplers that can work can be purchased online, see the specs I listed above. Also Toyota of Dallas and Sparks Toyota both list that kit on their website. Someone may have a kit still sitting in their warehouse. I've also got an email out to AFE about the couplings, I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

#8 · (Edited)
#10 ·
I purchased the 2 couplings off eBay that I linked to earlier, they work great. Same length as the original couplings. The reducing coupling reduced a bit more than I would have liked, it's a very tight fit around the throttle body, but it works just fine. Not the higehst quality couplings out there, but a bit better than I had before and plenty for this application.

#11 ·
Yup, I also ordered them off ebay and they work great. I had my throttle body coupling on backwards and it fit much better with the narrow end on the plastic tube. I have a spare silver cover if the previous poster needs a replacement. I ended up with a cool plexy cover that Nestor provided to me some years ago!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.