Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Torn between bumpers

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  iwashmycar 
#1 ·
I cannot decide between the regular EX1 Trail Series rear bumper and the Swingout STC version.

I'm not going with overly large tires, maybe 285 17's. While I like the swingout, I'm not sure I need the additional costs, if I don't need to support an oversized spare. Any reason not to get the regular trail series?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

#5 ·
I would get the STC bumper. I think the additional mounting points for gear is indispensable, you can mount gas cans, hi-lift jacks and a lot of other accessories to that STC bumper.

#10 ·
I have the Exp 1 rear swing-out . I was sold on this as i carry a lot of weight on the inside of the door as well with Spingtail rear m pack rack and packs stuffed with tools and such. The swing-out stays connected to the door unless you want to work it independently. It transfers a lot of the weight of everything hanging on the door over to the bumper thereby saving on the door hinges. breeze to install and i put in Rugged Ridge LEDS for back up after i installed a rubber bezel around the lights to fill in most of the remaining space.
hope this helps.:bigthumb:

Reactions: debFJVT
#12 ·
I have 33" E rated duratracs and my door is now out of alignment a little bit. I just recently got the Exp1 with the swingout... I'll see how that works in the long term.... :D

Reactions: IDFJ
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.