post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thumbnails not showing?

I have been away from the site for a few weeks and upon my return I've noticed that attached thumbnails don't show on any of the posts anymore. I see the ATTACHED THUMBNAIL text but the pics aren't showing up anymore. Did something change recently or anyone have any other ideas what could be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:55 PM
I have a V8!!

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5327 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Thumbnails not showing?

There are a couple of people that have been having that problem and they also can't see avatars.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Quote:
BIGGUY previously said: View Post
There are a couple of people that have been having that problem and they also can't see avatars.
You can add me to that list using Chrome. No avatars or thumbnails on attachments. Also not able to click on the "Like" button (nothing happens) and the "Notifications" link isn't working. Tried MS Edge (ugh) and everything seems to work. Not sure what happened to Chrome with this forum.

Edit: Looks like the YouTube previews aren't working either.

Don
2012 Trail Teams Icon Stage 1 suspension, GoodYear Wrangler Duratracs 285x75Rx16, MetalTech lower links, MetalTech 2 Stage sliders, ARB Bull Bar, Warn XD9000 winch, PIAA 510 driving lights, ARB Touring roof rack, ARB awning, Tuffy console, Cobra 29WXNWST CB

Wolverine Build

Last edited by Texagon; 04-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 06:25 PM
I have a V8!!

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5327 Post(s)
Garage

One of the others having problems is using Firefox.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage

I spent a solid 15 minutes thinking it was one of my browser plug-ins that was stopping them from working, before giving up and concluding that it must not be and something was actually wrong… It's good to see somebody else confirming that I was not crazy.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

I can view everything "I think" but my notifications box drops really slowly and sometimes I can't see my own avatar without refreshing. This just started. Need old priest and young priest maybe?
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage

Going to add an attachment here as a test. Let me know if you can't see it. Also, can I get an example link of an attachment that is not displaying properly?

2 things I want to test with this. First, those getting these errors are you using any ad-blockers with your browsers?

Second, can you go to UserCP>Edit Options>Thread Display Options and make sure that all the boxes for attachments and avatars are checked? Could be some hiccup turned those settings off. I doubt it, but no stone left behind.

We are tracking a similar issue on another site in the network right now, so I'm going to tie this one in with that one, in case they turn out to be the same cause. Case #2508378

Kevin

---
Your FJCruiserForums Administrators
トヨタ
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Quote:
Administrator previously said: View Post
Going to add an attachment here as a test. Let me know if you can't see it. Also, can I get an example link of an attachment that is not displaying properly?

2 things I want to test with this. First, those getting these errors are you using any ad-blockers with your browsers?

Second, can you go to UserCP>Edit Options>Thread Display Options and make sure that all the boxes for attachments and avatars are checked? Could be some hiccup turned those settings off. I doubt it, but no stone left behind.

We are tracking a similar issue on another site in the network right now, so I'm going to tie this one in with that one, in case they turn out to be the same cause. Case #2508378

Kevin
Thanks, I'll do this when I get home from work. It's odd, I checked it using Chrome at work (corporate firewall ad blockers and ABP), I do see avatars and can use my Notifications dropdown. However, if there's an attachment on your post, Kevin, I don't see that. --Don

Don
2012 Trail Teams Icon Stage 1 suspension, GoodYear Wrangler Duratracs 285x75Rx16, MetalTech lower links, MetalTech 2 Stage sliders, ARB Bull Bar, Warn XD9000 winch, PIAA 510 driving lights, ARB Touring roof rack, ARB awning, Tuffy console, Cobra 29WXNWST CB

Wolverine Build
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well I was able to get my problem resolved. I use chrome and disabled all my extensions, ran CCleaner to remove any residuals, then restarted my computer. That got me to be able to see avatars, thumbnails and dropdowns again. Then I started turning the extensions on one by one and refreshing the page until everything disappeared again. It turned out to be the ghostery extension, must have updated recently and whatever changed didn't want to play nice with the formatting.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > fjcruiserforums.com Forum Help Desk/FAQ's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.