Anyone here hunt arrowheads in their FJ? - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 17282
Re: Anyone here hunt arrowheads in their FJ?

Quote:
Vier Räder previously said: View Post
Sorry I should have been clearer. I wouldn't ever take something from a site or burial ground. I was only referring to random points along rivers, etc... I agree with all the sites being destroyed. IMO the random point is only going to be covered up again and lost in time unless someone that appreciates its value picks it up to display for everyone to enjoy. That's cool you knap your own tools. Do you actually use them or do it just for fun? I've heard of people making their own points and then hunting with them. That is pretty hard core.
Happy to hear that news......it's a often time a rare treat to come upon a point along a river of even a plowed field. I do use everything I make from skinning an animal with an Obsidian blade to shooting turkey with Georgetown flint. I have made skinners from broken chert, ( stuff is crazy sharp) along with hammer stones, antler tines for knapping and Axis antler for billets. It's what our ancestors & still works for a lot of folks I know.....
Have fun on your journey and keep me posted in ya come across anything good....In Peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member Number: 33698

I know this thread is kinda dead but I figured I would chime in (sorry mods for bumping a two month old thread).

My wife and I are cubicle dwellers by day but by evening and weekend we are fossil/relic collectors.

We got the FJ because we want to transform it into a collecting beast. Unforunantly she was laid off so we have had to post pone the FJ transformation but it hasn't slowed us down as far as collecting is concerned.

Here are some of our finds from the past three months (spring and summer in Texas are go-go-go time)

We are always looking to meet fellow fossil and point collectors. Feel free to ping me if you want.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
fka Vier something...

Member Number: 33228

Quote:
DFWPhotoguy previously said: View Post
Here are some of our finds from the past three months (spring and summer in Texas are go-go-go time)

Wow, those are some nice finds! I'm guessing not from the DFW area? What part of TX do you go hunting?
I usually hunt E TX but have been exploring semi local areas that you may want to check out. Give me a shout. This forum is also very interesting. There are lots of TX hunters on here.

Arrowheads and Indian Artifacts | Arrowheadology.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Last edited by 1911; 08-03-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: fixed quote for you, no charge. ;^)
Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 3960

My wife and I hunt for petros, some cool ones..
Pato man, notice the little bighorn sheep in the lower left.

Red deer petros..

Coon creek site..

We also run a Native American gallery and deal in antique and current Native art. No prehistoric art though.

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃
Old 08-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 4994
Lifetime Supporting Member

I think I posted some of these in my "expedition" thread from last spring:

High Desert Cruisers

Last edited by 1911; 08-03-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Great pics 1911!
Are the towers Dove Creek/Cortez area?
The pictographs are awesome, we have very little of those down here.

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃
Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 4994
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
abophx previously said: View Post
Great pics 1911!
Are the towers Dove Creek/Cortez area?
Thanks. The first tower is at the head of Hammond Canyon in the Manti-La Sal National Forest in southern Utah. The last two towers are in the Beef Basin, just south of the Needles District, Canyonlands N.P.
High Desert Cruisers
Old 08-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 12016

Quote:
abophx previously said: View Post
My wife and I hunt for petros, some cool ones..
Pato man, notice the little bighorn sheep in the lower left.
[pikchurs remoovd]
We also run a Native American gallery and deal in antique and current Native art. No prehistoric art though.
Poor abophx used to hunt for all kinds of arrowheads, but due to his advanced age and failing eyesight, he only hunts for really big arrow heads. Really, we all should use bold text on the forum when we want him to read it.

Hello abophx. It is good to see you up and around today. Please try not to overdo it again. Take care of yourself, buddy.

Here's a picture of abophx with the latest arrowhead he found. Funny story... he actually overlooked this one. He tripped over it and broke his hip. His wife was heard yelling "Dammit Alton! I'm not going to carry you back to the truck again!" But fortunately, she was bluffing and carried him back to the truck again.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

OmFg!....

Mods, whack his peepee.
This is the kinda respect I get around here. Try and raise the cultural value of the site and .....WHAM! I get it between the eyes......

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃
Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 17218

I've been a amatuer collector hunter all my life from the time I picked a beautiful spearpoint from my grand fathers freshly plowed field in Georgia. I live in Pinellas and Pasco county. With the massive explosion of growth here many unbelievable finds have been discovered. Just yesterday I went out to check a well known region that there cutting a new highway thru. Points and pottery everywhere!!! This may be one of the most productive sites I have ever seen. The area has huge sandy hills and bluffs on the north side of Lake Tarpon. And this narrow spit of land is squeezed between the Anclote river...I went out and found two perfect points and many other broken pieces. There were several others out along the Keystone corridor scowering the ground. It rained like heck last night so I know tons of stuff has been exposed. Workers are on site to 6pm. I wish I had time to go back and search but there probally a 100 folks out there right now. I found a nice coral Bolan and a few allachuans and a small pinellas point. Some guy showed me a Huge serimonial point...I swear It was a perfect Clovis point.

Anybody who lives in my region better get here quick Keystone road from US 19 to East Lake. Major Hwy corridor project.
Snorkal, Manik tailight guards,Midland 75-822, Bandi 3' fire stick, K & N filter,Locker on demand, ATrac hack, VSC & DRL switches, TRD Cat back, Scuba Mod, Garmin Nuvi, BlueSeas 6 fuse block,10.5K Recon Winch,Dual battery,leather seats,dual factory DVD players, Diamond trim, Source 10lb, Rubber mats. Swingout bumper,Mad Dog armor, EBC rotors,TRD pads,T-Rex grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.