Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

9M views 52K replies 3K participants last post by  FatJohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
This may sound weird but we are always doing something like 4x4, washing , a good coat of wax picture, a new sticker, wheels, lift, super charger or just an oil change the point is what you did today to or with the FJ cruiser.
This is my favorite thread on the jeep forum and probably the most popular in their entire forum with over two million posts, So why not here? I'll start it off and its up to all of us to keep it going. :cheers:

1. Today I added a headliner supercharger sticker to my windshield after giving her a bath.

See less See more
#25,961 ·
Finally got got mine back from the body shop, someone swiped me when I was parked... Got a new door out of it, and since they had to remove the fender flares to paint, I kindly asked them to not put them back on... Time for some plastic trimming and flat black rattle can!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

#25,962 ·
#25,965 ·
#25,966 ·
Re: What did you do TO OR WITH your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

I'm getting there! Auto part Suspension part Suspension Tire Engine
Wire Cable Electrical wiring Technology Electronic device
Motor oil Product Water Fluid Liquid
Wheel Vehicle Automotive wheel system Auto part Automotive lighting
Hoisin sauce Food Guilinggao Chopsticks Cuisine

Replacing Belt, Thermostat, Radiator and Trans flush.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#25,967 ·
Yeah there great I have them on my rig

Those look sick... How are they holding up to weather, etc? I live in the NW and we get a ton of rain out here. I am worried about fogging, water, etc. The last pair I looked at during a swap meet didn't look like they sealed as well as the stock lights.

Reactions: fj6high
#25,969 ·
Busy day!I masked of and painted the rear wheel wells after fender flare removal. Its going to take some time to trim the front pieces the way I want so I might just paint them for now as well.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Alloy wheel

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior

I did a test fit of the Redline cam mount system with quick fists attached. The east wing ax is a bit small, need to figure something out with it. I like the set up though, seems nice and tight. I think for a trail run, I will air down the tire, and tighten the ratchet, then air up again to make sure its nice and snug...
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Wheel

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

And last, put a stock grab handle onto my my MPAC, thanx for the idea bazross!
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part Tire

#25,971 ·

After several weeks of piece-by-piece install of my new stereo components, finally got it all powered up and running. It sounds sweet!

Running Hertz HSK165 2-way up front, JL stealthbox 12" sub in back, powered by a JL XD500/3 amp. Perfect for the music I listen to.

Thanks to 3L5 Lego and ZoSoIV for component advice and install help. Much appreciated! Will post pics this weekend.

Reactions: sweptwingnut
#25,974 · (Edited)
Busy day!I masked of and painted the rear wheel wells after fender flare removal. Its going to take some time to trim the front pieces the way I want so I might just paint them for now as well.
Love the Imperial insignia on the wheel there, had the same plan for the Mandalorian insignia on mine as part of the paint work I'm doing and now I'm sold. Very slick

Reactions: zcutt
#25,975 ·

After several weeks of piece-by-piece install of my new stereo components, finally got it all powered up and running. It sounds sweet!

Running Hertz HSK165 2-way up front, JL stealthbox 12" sub in back, powered by a JL XD500/3 amp. Perfect for the music I listen to.

Thanks to 3L5 Lego and ZoSoIV for component advice and install help. Much appreciated! Will post pics this weekend.
Cool man glad you got it up and running, what was the problem with the amp? Also it will take a couple weeks for the sub to break in then it will sound better, did you get the JL bass control knob to control the volume on the fly?

#25,976 ·
Put some Neosupreme Coverking seat covers on. I got them for $149 off of Amazon. They seem decent. I don't like the airbag "blowout flap" on the side.. it looks cheesey but I'm sure it needs to be there for safety.

Headrest cover

"airbag blowout flap"

#25,977 ·

Cool man glad you got it up and running, what was the problem with the amp? Also it will take a couple weeks for the sub to break in then it will sound better, did you get the JL bass control knob to control the volume on the fly?
Bad ground - had it connected to the base of the transfer case, moved it to the base of the handbrake. Easy peasy.

Yeah, I have the bass knob, makes things easy to modulate. Holy crap the bass rocks - I can't go anywhere near full volume or my head literally hurts. Rage against the machine is alive and well!

Reactions: BuffaloesFJ
#25,980 ·
Spent the last couple weeks doing some simple stuff compared to a lot of guys here but its been fun.

Black out except for rims but did the caps which I like..Toyota Neon Green logo......Duratracks.....Front level lift.....TRD Skid...OEM Hitch...German Shorthair Decal..Zombie badge (still waiting for personalized plates)....Folding door MOLLE rack and basket (which are awesome because storage was sorely lacking)..Dog Bed....Ellis black shift knobs

AND Hang Loose Frog installed.... given to me by my nephew to remind me to relax!!!!!:rocker:

Attachments