Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

9M views 52K replies 3K participants last post by  FatJohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
This may sound weird but we are always doing something like 4x4, washing , a good coat of wax picture, a new sticker, wheels, lift, super charger or just an oil change the point is what you did today to or with the FJ cruiser.
This is my favorite thread on the jeep forum and probably the most popular in their entire forum with over two million posts, So why not here? I'll start it off and its up to all of us to keep it going. :cheers:

1. Today I added a headliner supercharger sticker to my windshield after giving her a bath.

See less See more
#35,144 ·
Re: What did you do TO OR WITH your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Installed a new front wheel bearing after discovering it was loose this morning while doing an oil change. Seems one thing always leads to another! 150$ in parts later and the job was done. Along with 2 trips to the parts store and a stop at a local tire shop where they pressed the bearing/hub assembly for me! All for a 6 pack! Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Suspension Suspension part

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#35,145 ·
Grillcraft upper mesh grille cut and two 4Bangers recessed in it:

Now both upper/lower go back to powdercoating and the grille/bumper insert go to the Line-X shop

Thoughts on the XTorch?
For their price, they cannot be beat. They're also super short (looking at the front), so I could technically do two there. They're very versatile.

#35,146 ·
Reactions: gmurrell
#35,147 ·
Tried some new Griots products today

For around the past 15 years I have used the Porter Cable random orbital along with Griots claybar, the claybar holder for the orbital, Griots Machine Polish Number three, and followed up with Griots Best Of Show wax.
A lotta work even with the orbital.

I saw in my latest Griots catalog a new mitt that takes the place of using a claybar.
Simply put it on, spray Griots Speed Shine on it, and rub your paint.
It works!
So much easier than using a claybar.
Expensive, but it can do a lot more vehicles before it wears out than a jar of clay can do.

Fine Surface Prep Mitt

Speed Shine and Speed Shine removal microfiber cloths

Instead of using a separate polish and then the Best Of Show wax, I tired their new Liquid Wax 3 In 1.
This has polish in it to remove fine scratches along with pollutants.
It also wipes off easier than the BOS wax I use to use.
Liquid Wax 3 In 1

From start to finish including using the new mitt and using the random orbital, it took around 90 minutes.
Much faster than the way I use to do it.

This was the first time I have waxed my rig in a few years.
I hurt my knee last July after coming home from a camping trip, and I did not do too much to the rig until recently.

When I had my body mount chop and new rear ARB bumper put on a short time back, I was pretty embarrassed how I had let the outside of my rig go.
It was covered in pitch from the old growth firs I park under at home, and a tree at work.
When I go to the shop this Tuesday for my new ARB Intensity 7" LED lamps, I think the owner of the shop and his crew will notice a very clean rig.

Also did my front ARB bumper today with the same wax as it was pretty faded and grungy looking from not being washed in a long time.
It does not look as nice as the new ARB in the rear, but the powder coat looks much better now.

Going to try and do the Maggiolina roof top tent in the morning if I have enough energy to tackle it.

Feels good to drive a clean rig and I notice it has gotten quite a few looks today driving around.

Reflection on the hood of the clouds and trees surrounding my place.

#35,150 ·
Reactions: donbadabon
#35,151 ·

Was that intentional or does the vegetation wedged in various spots play a role?
:lol:

Those are his 'leaf' springs.

#35,154 ·
Went to the my clubs radio rally and came home with this... Unit has mounted really neatly in the rear quarter panel (where the jack used to be) and hooked up,to,the newly installed rear power point. Haven't worked out where I will mount the head yet...any ideas please...

Attachments

#35,155 ·

Oh, also put OME springs in the rear, and wired up all the roof lights finally.

Sky Vehicle Car Asphalt Rear-view mirror

It is literally like looking at the sun. It turns night to day. Single rown10watt 40" light bar, and pods on either side.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

#35,157 ·
I let my Warn XD9000s line out today to respool it, and I forgot that I had the Ramsey Wireless Remotes cable in there, and yep, the winch line snapped it in two.
It can be fixed, but the Ramsey unit is older tech, and required mounting a control box underneath the hood with two wires.
One to the small antenna underneath the hood, and another wire to the plug that you push into your winches control box.

I visited Warns site today, and found they have the coolest plug & play wireless controller.
You simply plug the receiver into the control box for the winch when you want to use it.
In other words, no installation!

Warn 90287 Wireless Remote for Truck

It will arrive Tuesday, same day I am getting my new ARB Intensity 7" LEDs installed.
Here is a video I found online showing how simple this Warn wireless remote is.

#35,158 ·

Had a sudden squeak when applying the clutch. When I investigated I found that a little nylon bushing on the big spring on the clutch pedal had broken down. I spent a couple hours trying to locate a bushing that would fit to replace it. No dice. I removed the spring after I read that it was only there to make applying the clutch a little easier, but it isn't actually required.
Then I removed the rear wheels and adjusted my handbrake. It wasn't holding well enough to keep me on a steep hill, and I'm going to need it strong for smooth starts up Poughkeepsie in a couple weeks.