Sunroof? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Sunroof?

Coming from a Wrangler I know I'm going to really miss open air when the weather gets nice. Anyone install a sunroof? Any advice, pros/cons? Thinking that a good sized sunroof with some tube doors and the tailgate window open might give me a decent approximation of safari style ridin'...love some feedback...THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Forum Master

There aren't many but there are a few. Personally, I don't care for them due to cost and looks. Most that I've seen are pretty obvious that they are aftermarket.

Poorly typed from my phone.

2010 Iceberg White, CQ, OF, Toytec 3 inch, Allpro sliders, Midland 75-822,285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs, Baja Utility Rack, 1 ugly bird dog,

2010 Sequoia 5.7 6 speed, 2WD rocket ship, wife's,
#3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I saw Big Turtles FJ last weekend that he just purchased used, and it had a sunroof installed and it was pretty cool.

Personally, I could take or leave, and the other vehicles I have with rarely are used, but it opened up the interior and it looked like a different vehicle on the inside.

If interested, PM "BigTurtle" for pics or specs. I'm almost certain he'd be happy to oblige.

"Sometimes you are actually restricted by what you know. It narrows your vision and doesn't challenge you to find different ways."

-Wikid

"I'm unique... Just like everyone else!"

-Big Turtle
#4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: Sunroof?

Will do, Thanks!
#5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 05:55 PM

I have a huge panoramic sunroof in mine. it looks like it was factory installed. Im not a fan of it at all because I am always dropping some metal ended surf board straps on it. not worth it in my opinion. but hey its a huge selling point and i didnt pay a dime extra for it theres a couples pics in here of it. if you search around you can find the type of it
2007 FJ cruiser Hampton Roads

Last edited by espei003; 01-27-2012 at 05:58 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)

Don't any of you guys like to open everything up and get some fresh air? I don't care about the view, just extra air flow...Guess I'll always be a Jeep guy at heart...
#7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
"I've got more hair and I'm sexier than Old Cruiser"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
pslamp32 previously said: View Post
Don't any of you guys like to open everything up and get some fresh air? I don't care about the view, just extra air flow...Guess I'll always be a Jeep guy at heart...
Stick your head out the window.

#8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to iwashmycar

Most common seems to be the Wabasto Grand View , like on the one above. I think it was a dealer installed option. Can also search "Hollandia 524 GrandView Panoramic Sunroof "

-Adam '07 Black Diamond 4WD AT UR

Bilstein 5100s | Daystar rear spacers | ProComp ES9000 | LT285/75r16 Terra Grapplers - Offroad wheels | Westin 55W 6" lights
OE Rock Rails | Ricochet Armor | Rocktek Link Armor | UltraGauge | Husky Liners | Midlands 75-822 - 3' Firestik - Boztec mount
Ellis Precision Shift knobs - handles | Discovery Overhead Console. w/ GPS | Lots of Fluid Film underneath | Scuba Mod

In VA or surrounding areas? Join the 757TOYOTA4x4 Facebook Group
#9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Forum Superstar

I have an Inalfa Model ASI 840 in mine. It was installed in June 2008 (1-1/2 years after my FJ purchase). I love it and have it open when the weather is reasonability warm and when driving no more than 45 MPH (too noisy above that speed for me). No issues with leaks, wind noise (when closed), or any other problems. Do your research and make sure it is a quality shop doing the work.

The Inalfa 840 is the middle size, but fits the FJ roof with minimal structure elimination and fits well with the side air bags. I think the roof exciter speakers had to be moved slightly to accommodate the sunroof.

I too liked to open the cabin up and enjoy the outside element, so the sunroof is just what the doctor ordered.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf INALFA asi 840.pdf (98.8 KB, 710 views)

“Kansas Law Dog” for admiration of “Tombstone”, the movie, and the legend of Wyatt Earp
#10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Forum Regular

Have a look at the Webasto Hollandia 400.... it's about as close as you are going to get witout a full soft top conversion.

Brian
2011 Trail Teams (hers)
2008 Tundra SC AWD.
1993 FZJ80 4.6, 6MT, Orion 4:1
1985 4-runner

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.