Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

How badly would it pi$$ you off if . . .

43K views 40 replies 38 participants last post by  Xruser 
#1 ·
Toyota finally updated the FJ Cruiser making it a much better, cooler looking or much easier to live with vehicle (diesel, four real doors, more space in back, etc) . . .

. . . but none of the accessories you've already spent big bucks for (such as bumpers, skids, sliders, roof racks, etc) would fit the new version ??? :lookaround:

#2 ·
For me, it wouldnt matter one bit. I think the current model fits my needs perfectly. I love the way it looks, especially modded a bit, so no issue there. Mileage is acceptable, although more is always better, to have to purchase a new vehicle wouldnt make sense for me. And the amount of space is plenty for things I do, and want to do. I am single with no kids, but a GF and two dogs, and we get to where we need to go with what we need. :)

case

#28 ·
Agreed! :bigthumb:

#7 ·
What do you know about this that nobody else does WOODSMAN??? You 're not holding out on us now, are you??? Hmmmmm???!!!:rofl:

#10 ·
Wouldn't care. I happen to love the suicide doors and the looks of it it has more than enough room to carry me and all my gear not even counting the roof rack and it drives much better than my Wrangler did.

As said before, only thing I would trade in for is if they did either of these..

#14 ·
most mfg's update their model every 5 years, so this would not be unexpected. the next generation is usually better looking and has more features.

#17 ·
This is pretty typically what happens. You have a 2010 XYZ, the 2014 comes out and your HID headlights or intake, etc doesn't fit. It is more surprising when stuff DOES carry over. The aftermarket companies love when the new model doesn't allow you to move your stuff over, sales opportunity!

#19 ·
Change is a part of life. I'm guessing it wouldn't change a whole lot anyway (interchangeable parts with other models, etc).

I remember the rumors here a couple years ago about a combined "FJRunner" being released. On the other hand, it seems the body style of the 4Runner has become more boxy in the past couple years.

Whatever happens is fine with me.

#20 ·
If I wanted 4 doors and more cargo capacity, I'd have bought a 4runner trail. As for deisel, I'll keep dreaming because it will never happen. I love the FJ as is, it is not a daily driver for me and no kids, yet. When they come, I will squeeze them in there for camping... and have a different (boring ) vehicle to haul them to hockey practice...
This trend is what took us away from the cars we loved. Everything needs to be "bigger, better, shinier" .... It is because the auto journalists are such wankers and think everything should be covered in leather, comfy, convenient and have 400HP. Look at what happened to the civic, corolla, Rav 4, and every SUV.

#21 ·
Well said. If you want luxury get a Lexus. Its all this complaining that has led us to the point where to only off road vehicles left to chose from that even look good are the Wrangler and FJ.

#22 ·
If Toyota does come out with a new model I hope they listened to some of the FJ enthusiast. I don’t mind change at all in fact I am eagerly waiting to see the new Silverado since my last 2 trucks were from Chevy. But not to worry the FJ is here to stay:rocker:.

#24 ·
Nope. I would not upgrade. If I wanted four "real" doors, then I would buy a Land Cruiser. The Volt will do general people carrying around town just fine.

#26 ·
I wouldn't want a longer FJ. I like the 2 door look.
Change is good generally speaking, having a 2012, if the 13 is different that's cool, I got what I wanted & in a year or 2 I'll be buying a new pickup to replace "the big Chev" so......

Funny thing, when I bought my 1998 Chevy Silverado I felt like it was the best looking truck on the road. Then I replaced it with a new 2003 Chevy & I was sure it was truck perfection, the best looking truck on the road.

Now, my 2008 Chevy Silverado is...... I AM SURE.... The best looking, most powerful truck on the road!

See a pattern? :)

I am reenacting scenes of Platoon with Charlie Sheen.

#27 ·
I would just want to do a trade in probably if it really was worth it and it was all that it was cut out to be

#36 ·
:cheers:

#31 ·
This happens every 7 years or so in the automotive industry with nearly every vehicle made. Nothing new.

manufactuers generaly change things based on customer feed back and testing. So its only natural that the next model/redesign is better than the previous on it replaces.

So no, i wouldn't be mad. BUt i wouldn't feel the need to run out and buy another. And if for some reason they changed it enough for me to want to trade my current FJ in for the next model, well then i'd say Toyota did its job and listened to what i wanted in my next SUV.

#33 ·
The only way id rush out to get another FJ is if it came with a diesel. It's my dream to throw a cummins diesel into the FJC, but unfortunately toyota will most likely never produce a diesel version of any of their American models.. a "Hybrid Version" would become reality before a diesel would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.