Roof Rack question - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Roof Rack question

Hey guys. I am brand new to this, so sorry if I am not posting this in the proper place. I would be happy to move it, if need be.

I am interested in getting a roof rack for my 2011 FJ and was curious if anyone has had experience with either of these. They are both very inexpensive and I know that you usually get what you pay for. Thanks for your help in advance.

This one

and this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Forum Superstar

Location: Cortez, Colorado (2 Hours away from both the FJ Summit and Moab)
Garage
Re: Roof Rack question

They both are very similar to oem obviously but the second one to me seems like the more durable one. Plus it comes with that bar in front with light tabs for down the road light mods! I personally do not have any expirience with either but the first one appears to be more oem if that's what you were really going for or are interested in.

FJX2000 - Hayden
2007 TRD Special Edition FJ Cruiser - SOLD

Go to my GARAGE or click here to see the STORM DAMAGE TRD build thread!

I will be on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for 2 years starting Sept. 4, 2013. During that time, I will have no forum access so I wish you all the best and if you have a question about a thread I've done or my rig, refer to my build thread or see a moderator! See you in 2 years!

#3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM

(Thread Starter)

I actually don't know much about them and am just now doing research for the first time. If you have suggestions on style, I would be open to it. Thanks!

Quote:
FJX2000 previously said: View Post
They both are very similar to oem obviously but the second one to me seems like the more durable one. Plus it comes with that bar in front with light tabs for down the road light mods! I personally do not have any expirience with either but the first one appears to be more oem if that's what you were really going for or are interested in.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Forum Veteran

If you're not hard core, you can get an OEM for not a lot more. But there seems to be lots of choices out there, depending on your needs.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Not sure where you are located, but I'd sell you my oem roof rack that is 2 months old and has never been used for $350. I have no idea how much shipping would be or even how we would do that, but I'd figure it out.

2012 Quicksand AT/Offroad Pkg | BMC | Bajarack Utility Rack | All-Pro HREW Sliders | Springtail Solutions MPAC Straddle, Basket and Rear Door Racks| UltraGauge | 285/70r17 Duratracs | Hella Supertone Horns | OEM Hitch | Midland 75-822 Ex Cop Special CB package | 60" Hi-Lift X-treme mounted on Hi-Lift mounts| Spidertrax Wheel Spacers | Warn receiver shackle bracket | Avital remote starter | Radflo 2.5" extended travel coil-overs - 650 lb springs | Radflo 2.5" rear shocks with Eibach springs | Light Racing UCAs | H3R HalGuard Clean Agent fire extinguisher

#6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM

(Thread Starter)

I am in Saint Louis Mo. Still doing a little research before committing, but I would probably be interested.

I am a bit torn, because I have seen the tent add ons and would love to have that someday. I saw that you can't do that with the one's I am looking into.

Quote:
The Cardinal previously said: View Post
Not sure where you are located, but I'd sell you my oem roof rack that is 2 months old and has never been used for $350. I have no idea how much shipping would be or even how we would do that, but I'd figure it out.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
bbor62 previously said: View Post
I am in Saint Louis Mo. Still doing a little research before committing, but I would probably be interested.

I am a bit torn, because I have seen the tent add ons and would love to have that someday. I saw that you can't do that with the one's I am looking into.
Get a Baja or Gobi rack!!!

2007 Sun fusion!
Mods- Radflo 2.0 extended travel coil overs, SPC UCA, MetalTech Long travel rear, AllPro rear LCA, Oem Steelies, MPAC rear door rack and Straddle, Custom light bar with 4 KCs, NestahEdition CB radio antenna, Custom axe and shovel roof mounts. Expedition One WyoOtto with Warn 9.5ti

^^Click for build thread!

Caleb- info@expeditionone.biz

-We rise, born in the flesh. I will not let this be my regret!-
#8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage
Quote:
bbor62 previously said: View Post

To be honest, I'm getting a bajarack utility rack, which is why I'm willing to part with my oem. If you're looking to put a rtt up there, you'll need something like what I'm getting, but it'll be significantly more money.

2012 Quicksand AT/Offroad Pkg | BMC | Bajarack Utility Rack | All-Pro HREW Sliders | Springtail Solutions MPAC Straddle, Basket and Rear Door Racks| UltraGauge | 285/70r17 Duratracs | Hella Supertone Horns | OEM Hitch | Midland 75-822 Ex Cop Special CB package | 60" Hi-Lift X-treme mounted on Hi-Lift mounts| Spidertrax Wheel Spacers | Warn receiver shackle bracket | Avital remote starter | Radflo 2.5" extended travel coil-overs - 650 lb springs | Radflo 2.5" rear shocks with Eibach springs | Light Racing UCAs | H3R HalGuard Clean Agent fire extinguisher

#9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM

(Thread Starter)

Ahh. I see. I might just wait and get the better version. Do you know if you can rig a regular tent up there, or is it only these very expensive versions that you see on line?

Quote:
The Cardinal previously said: View Post
To be honest, I'm getting a bajarack utility rack, which is why I'm willing to part with my oem. If you're looking to put a rtt up there, you'll need something like what I'm getting, but it'll be significantly more money.
#10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage
I think there are some threads in the camping equipment section that can help you there. While I'd love for you to take the rack off my hands, it sounds like you should save your pennies and get something else.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.