Put a Hemi to Shame - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Put a Hemi to Shame

So one of my work trucks (Chevy Colorado) was snowed in to its parking spot this morning. The person that tried driving it out ended up diging it so the truck was sitting on snow up to the axle. A guy at work said "no problem i will pull that ****ty Chevy out with my Dodge 1500 Hemi". 10 Mins later the Chevy was still stuck.

I decided to take my 07 Supercharger FJ up to the hill and teach him a lesson. Sure enough after 2 pulls the Chevy was free and the Dodge owner was making a million excuses. GOTTA LOVE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Re: Put a Hemi to Shame

Quote:
Datajockeys previously said: View Post
Maybe his tow rope was defective?

My spidey senses are going off. Possible TROLL ALERT!
I'm not sure how he would be considered a troll if his first post was a pro-FJ comment? Maybe his first post is just a little different than everyone elses.

To the OP, I'm going to assume you aren't a troll, and therefore, good job and welcome!

'07 5AT 4x4 BC:
Icon Ext. Travel Coilovers, Icon 2" Rear Springs, Icon 2.0 V.S. Rear Shocks, Icon Tubular UCA's, Granite Ga9's 17x8, Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/70/r17, Demello Single Hoop Front, All-Pro Rear, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro IFS Skid, Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch, 20" KC LZR LED Bar, Rigid Dually Amber Floods, CCFL Halo Projectors, 50w 5000k TRS HID's, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Volant CAI, Kenwood DNX9980, 1.25" Spidertraxx, BMC.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Yea Iím definitely not a Troll. I donít exactly have to time Troll around random Forums. I just got my FJ Cruiser and thought you guys would love todayís incident or at least get a smile out of it.
Sorry for sharing!
#4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
sant0r0 previously said: View Post
Yea Iím definitely not a Troll. I donít exactly have to time Troll around random Forums. I just got my FJ Cruiser and thought you guys would love todayís incident or at least get a smile out of it.
Sorry for sharing!
Well on behalf of the FJ Cruiser Forums, I apologize for the above member's rash decision to accuse you of being a troll. Congrats on the FJ, I'm jealous it's supercharged, and great job showing up the dodge! Don't be sorry for sharing, post away, I definitely got a smile out of it! It just seems that these days on the blue room there is random poo throwing for no reason...anyways, welcome!

'07 5AT 4x4 BC:
Icon Ext. Travel Coilovers, Icon 2" Rear Springs, Icon 2.0 V.S. Rear Shocks, Icon Tubular UCA's, Granite Ga9's 17x8, Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/70/r17, Demello Single Hoop Front, All-Pro Rear, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro IFS Skid, Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch, 20" KC LZR LED Bar, Rigid Dually Amber Floods, CCFL Halo Projectors, 50w 5000k TRS HID's, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Volant CAI, Kenwood DNX9980, 1.25" Spidertraxx, BMC.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Congrats on the new FJ and welcome to the forum. Great story and it made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

***CLICK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY FJ BUILD***

http://bakesfj.weebly.com

**FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK**

-BAKER-

#6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
sant0r0 previously said: View Post
Sorry for sharing!
I sure got a smile out of it. I had fun towing a stuck Volvo XC90 most of the way up a very snowy Wolf Creek Pass in southern Colorado last week. Welcome to the gang

2007 Titanium Metallic
Demello Front Bumper
Demello Hybrid Sliders
OME Lift
TRD CAI
TRD Rims
VIP Security (didn't work)
Viper 5701
Gobi Stealth, Lader, Hi-Lift Mounts
285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
#7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Supporting Member

I second the thanks for sharing and welcome to the Forums.

I do frequent a few other forums and although some will make disparaging references to the "Blue Room", I think this place is one of the most rich as far as content matter, participation, and, in general, a friendly, nonmalignant atmosphere. I hope we can keep it that way, or make it more so. I hope you're not deterred from participating.

AZSANDSTORMER-Slow Build

KF7LEH

2008 FJC Sandstorm, MT6, SCS F5, Cooper ST MAXX 285/75/16, Wrangler/Optima Dual Battery Setup, ARB Compressor, TRD S/C, OEM Sliders, Garvin Roof Rack, Icon Stage I, TRD QuickShifter, IMP shift knobs, Yaesu 7900R, Ricochet, MPAC, Engel 45, AT Fridge Box, Demello/Ft/Rr/Warn, LRA Aux Fuel Tank.

1986 FJ60, White, H55F, BFG, Optima Dual Battery Setup, 5.7 Vortec, ARB Front Bumper, Kaymar Rear Bumper, WKOR Sliders, 42 Gallon Gas Tank, ARB Compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Old Man Emu, Garvin Roof Rack, Yaesu 7900R, Engel 45, AT Drawers/ Platinum fridge slide.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for sharing. Since I own both vehicles mentioned, i feel qualified to respond. My 1500 Ram with Hemi is great off the line and merging with traffic. It hauls a lot of weight very well. But, I am headed to Reno this weekend and I will be taking the FJ, you never know when a snow storm will hit and the Hemi sucks in snow unless chained up.

Bob

Eat Desert First, Life is Uncertain.
2012 Trail Teams
#9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for the warm welcome! im thrilled to be apart of the FJ Crew now. I went from a twin turbo BMW and dont regret it for a second. I absolutly love this thing. already working on a few upgrades and accesories and planning a 2 week road trip from NY to Nashville. Wish we had some more off road fun and parks in my area tho-ugh!
#10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM

What kind of gas milage does the super charged fj get?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.